or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

Genuine Citroën C4 Part: 9400A4 Body extension kit.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Biohead   
Wed Jul 07 2010, 10:55am

Member No: #6049
Unfortunately, its just money I don't have right now. If I could get them painted for say less than £100 I'd consider having a go a fitting myself. It'd be nice to get quite a few people involved too (good excuse for a meet ). The bumpers themselves are ready primed, so I believe they can be sprayed straight away. Let them dry and then supposedly 5 hours to fit them.

These and the remap are hurting me a lot. I really want them done but the overtime at work has really dried up, just enough money to get me along with no real luxuries (and the iphone classes as a necessity for me )
wozza   
Wed Jul 07 2010, 12:23pm

Member No: #2
Get applying for every student loan, grant and bursary you can. Then do what the rest of us do. Get books from the library and blow the money on the car instead.

Know a few people that blew their students loans all of it on cars. BMW M3, Focus ST etc. Then again I was doing automobile engineering, which is mainly motorsport based. So I guess most of the guys on my course just want a fast car .
Biohead   
Wed Jul 07 2010, 01:58pm

Ahaha I did that last year. I've avoided it this year as much as possible so trying not to go that route I know exactly what you mean, I'm doing Aerospace Eng. and for the first two years we're all put together (with the Auto Engs) and it really doesn't help my situation

I do get a £300 busary though, but its spread out over 8 months so not much good! I'm really tempted to get one of these KWP2000 kits, and hoping my ECU can be mapped over OBD (One can, one can't for the 2.0hdi,) try and get hold of a map for that engine (not one of the free ones off the burnt disc it comes with! Maybe have to "borrow" it from a remapped C4) and then copy it over myself. I've had a few reads of a Turbo Diesel UK site (can't remember which) and it is possible.

Plus when the rear bumper goes on, I'll HAVE to get at least a new tailpipe for my exhaust as it's already cut away. Be even easier to confuse with a (stock) 180 then with all that torque and power
wozza   
Wed Jul 07 2010, 02:25pm

My original bursary was for around £350 in 2 installments. Then I got a letter half way through the year saying they made a mistake. Gave me a further £1200 on top. Was great Why I ended up getting the coilovers and brakes .

Was completely unexpected money so I had already budgeted for everything and paid all the bills for the year. Had money assigned for summer etc. So thought why not treat myself to some bits for the car.
Biohead   
Wed Jul 07 2010, 03:03pm

Tsk! Didn't even save any for me

I'm just hoping I can get a weeks overtime in or something now that I'm back off holiday.
wozza   
Wed Jul 07 2010, 04:41pm

Have you been and asked any local body shops how much they would charge to do it all for you?

Just because they are pre primed, don't expect them to be perfect. Chances are will still need some more prep work, keying, getting perfectly flat, degreasing etc.

I can see the rear valance being quite easy to fit. The front might be a little more difficult.

If I had an idea of how much work was involved I could get a quote from my local place who are really good and cheap. They did all my colour coding, side stripes, B and A pillars, repaired the old spoiler and sorted out my front wing, wheel and rear 3/4 panel for £350.

Damn council bin trucks
Biohead   
Thu Jul 08 2010, 06:02am

My photoshop skills are appalling, so would someone with any be able to change the grill in this photo to the black used on the spoiler and B pillars please? And if you're really amazing can you try putting some xenons on

The photo belongs to Spooner, from this site, so credits to him.

m8tty   
Wed Dec 01 2010, 04:08pm
Member No: #15624
hey guys does any one know if you can get this for a 5 door hatch ? thanks, matt
Biohead   
Wed Dec 01 2010, 04:08pm

The front bumper should fit as they're the same, but I don't think there is a rear version for the hatch.
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Dec 01 2010, 04:38pm

Member No: #1
Biohead wrote ...

The front bumper should fit as they're the same, but I don't think there is a rear version for the hatch.

No Citroen ones but there are some available at CIT Tuning - Click Here -
m8tty   
Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:35pm
Member No: #15624
thanks guys
hanzy   
Mon Feb 21 2011, 02:08pm
is this for sale or has this gone
Gooders   
Wed Dec 14 2011, 03:23pm
Member No: #8352
Bringing up an old thread i know, but ive got my vts now im guessing this will not work with rear parking sensors due to the middle sensors not being there :s
Biohead   
Wed Dec 14 2011, 03:33pm

Yeah you can create the holes necessary for the sensors.

If you're looking B&A, I still have my kit that i've never got round to fitting. If you're interested let me know.
Gooders   
Thu Dec 15 2011, 02:35am
Member No: #8352
Its the creating holes for them i dont like the sound of! As they have there own little seats they clip into

i can not touch the car for 2 years due to warranty on it, however im thinking of collecting everything i want for her then having a mental week
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member