or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 coil pack

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
darryl1973   
Tue Apr 21 2015, 02:07pm
Member No: #8234
Hello, sorry if this has already been asked.

I serviced my C4 coupe 1.6 petrol 56 plate today. I removed the coil pack cassette type to check the spark plugs and the housing on one of the plugs was corroded along with the rubber cover and some of the plastic surrounding the terminal on the coil pack had broken away. This is the second coil pack I've had fitted to the car. It's done around 40,000 miles since it's been fitted. Would the corrosion be a result of the coil pack breaking down or the spark plug or something more sinister?

PS. The coil pack is not an original replacement.

Thanks in advance
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Apr 22 2015, 01:36am

Member No: #1
Copy coil packs are known to cause issues with running etc. and use sub standard materials so yes it could be the cause of the problem.

I would get a replacement from your dealer or Eurocarcare - Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 darryl1973 (23 Apr 2015 : 12:34)
darryl1973   
Thu Apr 23 2015, 12:37pm
Member No: #8234
Thanks Dave all sorted now new coil new plugs all cleaned up and as good as new now

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member