or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Glovebox Removal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
PPP7   
Mon Jan 18 2010, 01:31pm
Member No: #135
How do I remove the glovebox door from the car?

I have read how to fix the handle, but it doesn't tell me how to remove the glovebox door.

Do I have to remove the whole assembly from the car or does it just unlatch somehow?

Bin-The-L-Plates   
Mon Jan 18 2010, 03:23pm
Member No: #1556
You have to remove the whole glovebox first, this enables you to get access to the arm that holds the lid to the glovebox.

The lid is extremely difficult to get off without undoing the ratchet mechanism for the arm, at the back of the glovebox.

It would also be even harder to get back together.

Regards
Clive
PPP7   
Mon Jan 18 2010, 03:37pm
Member No: #135
Thanks.

Probably a job for next weekend then.
madbiker48   
Wed Mar 24 2010, 11:55am
How do you actually remove the glove box? I've looked through loads of "how can I" and can't find anything at all to help me with this one.

Cheers

Nic
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Mar 24 2010, 01:31pm

Member No: #1
You remove the torx head screws that you can see around the rim, plus the hidden one under the air bag sticker.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 AlanB (04 Aug 2021 : 12:54)
madbiker48   
Fri Mar 26 2010, 04:40am
ah ha it was just that hidden one that got me

Cheers
mikros   
Tue Jun 01 2021, 02:55am
Member No: #58263
Hi, new user on this forum

I want to replace the A/C fan resistor on my C4 (2012 model). I have read somewhere that I need to take out the glovebox to get to it. But I can't seem to detach the glove box. Is there a guide on how to do that on "the new" C4? I have removed the visible screws, but I must be missing something that I can't see... Is there a hidden screw under the sticker as in the old model? Can anyone help?

Regards, Mikael
routemaster1   
Tue Jun 01 2021, 02:04pm
Member No: #574
If I remember correctly there is one under the sticker.
mikros   
Wed Jun 02 2021, 01:03am
Member No: #58263
routemaster1 wrote ...

If I remember correctly there is one under the sticker.

I tried scratching the sticker but I don't see a screw. I read that it is the case in the old C4 - should there be one under the sticker in the new model as well?
AlanB   
Wed Aug 04 2021, 01:00pm
Member No: #46108
@Dave_Retired, Thanks for the info above, all followed, but after removing all visible screws, top, underneath, and inside glove box, and the one under the sticker, I still cannot remove the glovebox. It is sticking fast on left side, and I cannot see any screws etc holding it, I have removed the light and inserted into flap too......any ideas, please ??? Is there anything hidden around the airbag on/off switch that I cannot see yet that you know of ???
Thanks in anticipation,
Alan

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member