or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

Retrofitting the RT4 NaviDrive (Basic Guide)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Biohead   
Mon Nov 02 2009, 03:28pm

Member No: #6049
Hi all,
I'm writing a guide about how to replace the RD4 headunit, with the Navidrive RT4 version.
This guide is based upon a 2006 C4 1.6 16V Petrol, VTR+, with no factory upgrades.
I've subsequently fitted it to a 2006 2.0HDi Diesel VTS, again no additional upgrades.

Here is a detailed PDF: - Click Here -

What you need:
RT4 Headunit
RT4 screen
Cable connecting the screen and RT4
New fascia for dashboard
Part B Quadlock connector
Other Specific connectors
New Antenna
Antenna Cables
Microphone

What to do:

First, you need to remove all the trim around the radio, and the fascia (carbon fibre, matt black, or aluminium).
Disconnect the old screen.
On the Parrot adaptor, join RT4 Pin 9 to Pin 1 of the screen connector, and RT4 Pin 15 to pin 3 of the screen connector. Remove the leftover wire on the parrot adaptor as it is not required.
Run a new piece of wire which goes from Pin 5 Part B of the quadlock connector, to Pin 2 of the new screen connector.

Replace the aerial, and run the new aerial cable through the roof to the headunit.
Attach the screen cables and screw the screen in place.
Attach the RT4 cables and lock it into place
Reattach the trim with new fascia
Reconfigure via lexia
Enjoy!

UPDATE 17/02/11
Video input wired up.
USB connector in place of cigarette lighter
Microphone in position, just got to route the wires for it.
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (01 Nov 2010 : 04:19)
bluehdi   
Tue Nov 03 2009, 11:34am
Member No: #2617
I have the RT4 in my GP. I wouldn't however want to remove it - sorry. I can of course answer any functionality questions, so let us know if you have any.

Your best bet is to consult the very good wiki on the RT4 see below:

- Click Here -

Also, Eurovan2 forums of which I am a member has many thousands of postings including photos of the RT4 removed. It also has a big community who have updated and modify their RT4 systems to add new features, screen back drops etc. All however will void warranties, so do be careful - see the Eurovan2 link below:

- Click Here -

Hope this helps
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (01 Nov 2010 : 04:19)
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Nov 03 2009, 12:28pm

Member No: #1
Couple of useful links there Brett, thanks for posting them.
Biohead   
Tue Nov 03 2009, 12:38pm

Thanks Brett

I'm actually using the RT4 wiki to help me do the conversion. On the pinout page is an example adaptor which specifically says it'd for the C4.

I'm also using planate-citroen (french... ack!) but the eurovan2 forums seemed to concentrate more on the software. It'll certainly come in handy, but I need to get it running first.
Gooders   
Tue Nov 10 2009, 07:04pm
Member No: #8352
Can these systems be fitted to any model? or only if it was in the car when you brought it...

(still a bit new)
wozza   
Tue Nov 10 2009, 07:44pm

Member No: #2
Can be fitted in if you can find them. The units themselves aren't too hard to come by the screen and dash fascia is a little more difficult though.
Biohead   
Wed Nov 11 2009, 01:39am

I'm in the middle of retro-fitting it now. Like Wozza says, I'm having trouble coming across the screen.

The electrics of the car also need some minor tweaks, and the BSI configuration needs changing. I'm going to be posting a guide and a mini-blog when I've got everything though.
Gooders   
Wed Nov 11 2009, 04:41am
Ive google'ed RT4 and it didn't really tell me much, but I'm guessing it's the HU, display, phone kit thing that we saw in a VTS 2ltr derv we test drove. Might not be worth me doing thinking about it as I've got a full vibe audio install to go in it...

What's the eta on the guide bio? you have the shame model as us down to colour so would make our lives easier!

What's the bsi config? and how do you change it? (goggl'ed it and got very little)

(still new!)
Biohead   
Wed Nov 11 2009, 10:41am

Yeah, the RT4 is the HU. It comes with a colour screen in place of where we have the normal one and the little hidey hole.

The RT4 has a phone built in, the RT5 has a bluetooth link built in.

At the minute I still need a screen, and without it I can't do anything else. I hope to have to completed by the end of year - but its hard to get hold of this screen without paying citroen £600.

The BSI is the Built-In System Interface and controls pretty much all aspects of the car. To change it you have to hook up a computer, and use the "Citroen Lexia 3" program, and specific tool. We have one for the forum, available to premier members. It's only really useful to install something such as a usb box though or find a specific fault.
Gooders   
Wed Nov 11 2009, 11:18am
hmmmm, I will have a chat with the mrs about this, as you seem well up there with this sort of thing what's the score with fitting original C4 parking sensors? Front and rear?
BigJohnD   
Wed Nov 11 2009, 12:19pm

Member No: #82
Ben And Angela wrote ...
What's the bsi config? and how do you change it?

Read all about the BSI in downloads: - Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 Gooders (31 Jul 2011 : 05:37)
Gooders   
Wed Nov 11 2009, 03:21pm
Thanking you
Biohead   
Wed Nov 11 2009, 04:02pm

Orignal post updated.

Feel free to ask questions.
bwgames   
Sun Nov 15 2009, 04:50pm
Member No: #11100
I've got an 05 VTR+ and have been considering this. How easy is it to get hold of the headunits and where from? Been keeping an eye on ebay, but there never seems to be any...
Darren   
Sun Nov 15 2009, 05:09pm
Member No: #5650
I believe I have the RT4 in my VTS. I'm not sure if it's been fitted after manufacture or not. I don't seem to have any video connections in my glove box.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member