or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

C4GP and C4P Tyre Pressures

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FrankBullitt   
Tue May 06 2014, 06:20am

Member No: #19238
DaveyP wrote ...

but on the Queens high way it sorta means you were pushing it harder than you should of been.

If there is a choice in the matter... IMHO better to have the steering end stay where one wants it and let the back take care of its self, rather than the other around.

So best on the front is my motto

Edit.. but I suppose that my way of thinking is because I know how to get the rear back in line without a panic attack... but once the fronts gone then life gets a bit harder,

Absolutely, there is a fundamental difference to pushing a car on a track (where everyone is like minded, there is a run off and you are all going in the same direction) and loosing control on turn in on the public highway; most peoples reaction would be to lift off (and brake...) at which point great traction and all the weight over the front end only ends one way; much better the front breaks traction first at which point lifting off will either salvage it or nothing ever would have.

My early 20's were spent driving around looking out the side window of my 205 which was both fun and foolish, it was made easier on account of he Kwik fit ditch finders I had fitted but I'm fairly confident most people wouldn't be able to deal with lift-off oversteer and I'm not sure if fancy it in a 1.5 tonne people carrier!
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 DaveyP (06 May 2014 : 06:44)
routemaster1   
Tue May 06 2014, 06:42am
Member No: #574
FrankBullitt wrote ...

Always have the best tyres on the back.

This is the advice that all tyre manufactures will give.
routemaster1   
Tue May 06 2014, 06:48am
Member No: #574
pedal wrote ...

The 2nd one my primacy's were down to 3.5mm at 18k, my 3rd one i got the primacy's to 24k by playing with the pressures 0.1 bar from the door panel figures

I have a feeling that the 16" Primacys last longer than the 17". I wish I could get close to 24000 miles, and I certainly don't drive hard. I tend to keep the pressures at the higher end though; perhaps that is causing it.
DaveyP   
Tue May 06 2014, 06:50am
Member No: #34693
FrankBullitt wrote ...

My early 20's were spent driving around looking out the side window of my 205

Ahhh... the days when we were going to live forever and had no fear, Love it
Dave_Retired.   
Tue May 06 2014, 06:53am

Member No: #1
DaveyP wrote ...

Always have the best tyres on the back.

Errrrr....

In my short lived track experience (where I wanted to do three things... 1. Throw up, but doing that whilst wearing a full face helmet is not really an option.

IMHO better to have the steering end stay where one wants it and let the back take care of its self, rather than the other around.

So you know better than Michelin engineers who say that new tyres should always go on the rear because of the risk of aquaplaning in the wet?

We have discussed this on more than one occasion. You can do what you want, but on this site we will follow the tyre suppliers recommendations.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 DaveyP (06 May 2014 : 07:04)
FrankBullitt   
Tue May 06 2014, 07:52am

Member No: #19238
routemaster1 wrote ...

pedal wrote ...

The 2nd one my primacy's were down to 3.5mm at 18k, my 3rd one i got the primacy's to 24k by playing with the pressures 0.1 bar from the door panel figures

I have a feeling that the 16" Primacys last longer than the 17". I wish I could get close to 24000 miles, and I certainly don't drive hard. I tend to keep the pressures at the higher end though; perhaps that is causing it.

We got about 17K out of our Premacy 3's (16" wheel) - I suspect driving style would extend that, Mrs FB can be quite harsh on the throttle...
TheMingster   
Wed May 07 2014, 03:01pm
Member No: #35106
Jimux wrote ...

Is there a misprint in the table above for Premacy HP 215 50R17 tyres?

My GP came with 17" alloys already on it. I've just checked the door pillar and pressure is 2.5 bar (36psi, I think)

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member