or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Aux sidelights/daytime LEDs

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
petehopkin   
Mon Jan 31 2011, 02:07pm
The pictures are the way I want the lights to work with the LEDs on full during daylight with all lights turned off on the stalk.

On mine the daytime LEDs don't come on.

Is there an easy way to set this configuration as the dealer wanted to charge £45

Thanks
Phil   
Mon Jan 31 2011, 04:01pm

Member No: #406
routemaster1 wrote ...

Do the sidelights work when the engine is off when the car is parked?

Good question - will try and check back tomorrow.
Ivan_C4P wrote ...

That is exactly how I was expecting/wanting them to work! Is it possible for you to inspect the (Customer) Configuration settings in the BSI?

Or at least see if there are any other options on the Lighting menu where you set the time for the guide-me-home lights (you know, using the radio menu and direction buttons)?

Cheers,
Ivan.

If set up properly - there should be a menu in the personalisation menu "day running lamps" which you can check or uncheck.

If the menu isn't there, then it hasn't been set up properly at PDI.
petehopkin wrote ...

The pictures are the way I want the lights to work with the LEDs on full during daylight with all lights turned off on the stalk.

On mine the daytime LEDs don't come on.

Is there an easy way to set this configuration as the dealer wanted to charge £45

Thanks

I find it shocking that a dealer has got a nerve to tell you it's going to cost YOU money to reprogramme a feature that should be there anyway - after all they are being marketed as "daytime running front LED's" Legal requirement or not, if they are fitted, they should be working as intended.
1 User said Thank You to Phil for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (01 Feb 2011 : 02:11)
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Feb 01 2011, 02:11am

Member No: #1
I 100% agree Phil, if they came on the car, they should be working.
Ivan_C4P   
Tue Feb 08 2011, 07:04am
Member No: #16480
Just to follow up on this, I went back to the dealer and they changed whatever needed to be changed (I haven't had time to look what it was yet).

I can have the LEDs on by themselves using the 'Daytime Running Lights' option in the Lighting & Signalling part of Configure Vehicle Parameters. The headlights are kept in Auto mode.

The dealer said they have had a couple of instances where, during PDI, somehow the settings have got 'lost'

Ivan.
Phil   
Tue Feb 08 2011, 07:27am

Excellent - Glad you have got it sorted.
petehopkin   
Mon Feb 14 2011, 10:31am
The dealer has now also changed my configuration to add the 'Day time running lights' option. However when I checked this has now set the dipped headlights so they are always on when the menu item is ticked, not the LEDs.

I asked the mechanic but he said there was only an option to add the menu item and no more options to set it to LEDs. I told him the C4GP brochure said it has LED daytime running lights but he didn't know how to change this.

Can anyone tell me what they need to do in the service interface system to make the LEDs act as daylight running lights and not the headlights.
Thanks
routemaster1   
Mon Feb 14 2011, 12:23pm
Member No: #574
petehopkin wrote ...

The dealer has now also changed my configuration to add the 'Day time running lights' option. However when I checked this has now set the dipped headlights so they are always on when the menu item is ticked, not the LEDs.
I asked the mechanic but he said there was only an option to add the menu item and no more options to set it to LEDs. I told him the C4GP brochure said it has LED daytime running lights but he didn't know how to change this.
Can anyone tell me what they need to do in the service interface system to make the LEDs act as daylight running lights and not the headlights.
Thanks

I think that the mechanic needs some training. I test-drove one a couple of weeks ago, and the DRLs were operating when the lights were off. There are some countries where dipped headlights are required at all times (Sweden and Norway spring to mind) and the headlight option is for them.
Phil   
Mon Feb 14 2011, 03:51pm

Argggh. It worries me these people.. So called technicians... Represent the Citroën brand.

They need to go into bsi configuration and it will be in there. I'll double check the exact wording tomorrow to help you out.
Phil   
Tue Feb 15 2011, 04:30am

Right first of all they need to go into the BSI configuration and into Customer Options. There they will see "Type of daytime running lamps" This needs to be set at yes.

Then he/she will need to come out of that and then go into "LIGHTING – SIGNALLING – VISIBILITY – REAR VIEW MIRRORS"

Then down to "Type of daytime-running" and select "Dedicated daytime running lamp"

Save the configuration, then hey presto... it should all be working.
1 User said Thank You to Phil for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (15 Feb 2011 : 04:32)
petehopkin   
Tue Feb 15 2011, 07:51am
Thanks, that will change it to use the LEDs rather than the headlights then?
Phil   
Tue Feb 15 2011, 07:56am

Yes - it'll change it to work as per my last post on the previous page.

Light switch in off position - Just LED's at full intensity

Sidelight position - LED's and reduced intensity.

Headlights on - Dipped beam on and reduced intensity LED's.
petehopkin   
Fri Mar 04 2011, 10:55am
Passed your instructions on to the dealer and daytime runnibg lights all working fine now, Thanks
routemaster1   
Mon Mar 14 2011, 12:23pm
Member No: #574
Got my DRLs sorted out today second attempt. Needed the Lexia, and it was fascinating watching the Proxia. It was fairly easy to get the DRLs running properly, but the parking lights caused more of a problem. I was rather surprised that the traditional filament sidelights, although fitted, are redundant. The DRLs act as parking lights but to get them to work, you have to switch the lights off when you park, and then switch them back on again.
johnd44   
Wed Feb 20 2013, 10:14am
Member No: #28625
I have read most of the thread but I cannot see a reference to my model a 2009 C4 Picasso VTR+ EGS, not a Grand. I want to get the Daylight Running lights working so that I do not have a problem when I spend time in Germany and Sweden, I shall be there for about 6 months.

The local garages(2) and Citroen UK say that there is no facility to convert this to daylight running, ie set the headlights to on, I have not got the LED's around the headlight. I had assumed it would be as easy as it was for my Xsara Picasso but it seems not and I do not understand why not. It must have been possible for these cars are sold in Sweden and the rest of Scandinavia and elsewhere in Europe that require this facility.

Johnd44
BigJohnD   
Wed Feb 20 2013, 10:48am

Member No: #82
Hard to give a definitive answer, but the 5 seat C4 Pic has different headlamps for LH and RHD.

RHD UK Spec headlamps didn't require DRLs at that time.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member