or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

Lexia 3

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
the time lord   
Tue Jul 28 2009, 03:22pm
Member No: #3154
Hi all,

I am now the proud owner of a Lexia multiplexer with Lexia 3 software!

I have always done all the work on my own cars, so have wanted one of these since I bought the car.

The last straw was the dealer trying to charge me £180 to fix a problem with my Xenon lights and replace a sensor they had done under warrantee a year ago. What a rip off!

Took me five mins with the computer to diagnose the fault- rear sensor - turned out the plug had been forced last time the dealers got there dirty hands on my car and was full of water as it was not seated properly just cleaned up the corrosion on the contacts and fixed the plug and it is as good as new! I would imagine the stealers would have just changed the sensor and put the dirty damaged plug back on! In fact I think that is what they did last time!

So the cable has already paid for itself!

If anyone would like have access to the cable and laptop I am located in East Anglia and would be happy for people to pop over and use the computer for a small donation (a lot less than the dealers!)

Cheers,

Al.
Biohead   
Tue Jul 28 2009, 03:28pm

Member No: #6049
Nice one! Can I ask where you got it from and how much?

I've got hold of one which doesn't seem to talk to the C4, but will the Xsara Pic.
the time lord   
Tue Jul 28 2009, 03:46pm
Hi Biohead,

Took a chance and ordered one off e-bay from china.

A bit of a risk, but the guy was really helpful and it only took 4days from China.

£200

Al.
kakimoto33   
Tue Jul 28 2009, 04:35pm
I also got my Lexia 3 system going here in Melbourne Australia recently ... and I would be happy to help out anyone with their C4 around this end of the world, so feel free to ask!
PPP7   
Tue Jul 28 2009, 04:46pm
Member No: #135
I am also thinking of getting one of these from China.

Just bought an MP3 RD4 so will need to get it enabled, and I worked out dealer will charge £30, so if i do it myself that's £30 saved off the Lexia 3 already.
the time lord   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 02:36am
Hamilton: If you want one, the chap I got it from was really good, just PM me! Or I can do it for you if you are over this way.

Do we have any Citroen Techs on here?

Some of the settings (under the BSI section) seem to be protected by a PIN code. Anyone know if this is unique to the car or is generic? How would I find this out? (I know it is stuff I shouldn't mess with, but it would be nice to know!)

Al.

diesel_dog   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 08:51am
I think it's the security card you get with the car mate.
the time lord   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 08:54am
Thanks, but it is asking for 5 digits my code is only 4.

Al.
Biohead   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 09:08am

Member No: #6049
Nah, it's all the copy protection - PM me
the time lord   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 11:08am
Hi Biohead,

No probs with the copy protection!

The PIN code is requested if you go into Diagnostics/BSI/Configure/Manual and change any of the settings it will ask for a five digit PIN when you tell it to apply.

It seems only to be for the Factory BSI settings everything else, Audio, Lights, Engine ECU, Comfort etc asks for no code and applies settings as requested.

I guess it is to stop spanner monkeys messing with the factory settings for the car such as changing it to 5 door from 3 and petrol to diesel or changing the VIN! Nothing you would want to really mess with.

I was trying to turn off the seat belt warnings but found an option under 'customer config' to silence the drivers side one.

I think maybe it is only Citroen who would be able to give you the code if you had a good reason!

Cheers,

Al.
Ridgers   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 11:49am
would the same be required for a remap would that code not be needed then?
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 12:57pm

Member No: #1
Ridgers wrote ...

No a remap doesn't need a code as far as I'm aware
diesel_dog   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 01:41pm
C4owner wrote ...
Ridgers wrote ...
No a remap doesn't need a code as far as I'm aware

No just a angle grinder and a chisel apparently
the time lord   
Wed Jul 29 2009, 03:30pm
Ridgers wrote ...

No the engine ECU is not protected just the BSI ECU it seems

Although on the 2.0 HDI it is not possible to download the ECU software from the seimans ECU. You need a copy of the same version of the file from elsewhere to remap. Quite easy to find online, as mine was. The 1.6 HDI has no such problem as you can download the Bosch ECU. Not sure about the petrol.

Al.
the time lord   
Thu Aug 06 2009, 01:37am
Just for the record I have found the code for programming the BSI

03114 is the PIN

seems to be across all modals.

Al.
1 User said Thank You to the time lord for this Post :
 Spacetechy (26 Aug 2015 : 09:37)
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member