or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

C4 Plastic cover lower windscreen seal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
neilp   
Sun Jul 04 2010, 07:13am
Member No: #3384
I sent these on a pm so another member but don't think I ever posted them, I hope they make more sense. And sorry for the delay I didn't go back and read your post. As far as how the long clip is fastened it clips to the "upper scuttle" then slides onto the lower edge of the windscreen.

I hope this makes sense, if not I'll try some more. I had to fasten mine back on today while washing the car.
TEZBB   
Sun Aug 08 2010, 10:21am
I have had this problem as well, I have tried to connect the plastic back onto the windscreen, but seem unable to find this magical clip. Am I missing something
neilp   
Sun Aug 08 2010, 03:07pm
Member No: #3384
All I can tell you it was there on mine although it's not easy to see just feel. You may have to try some sealant as suggested by others.
davey_ansell   
Tue Aug 17 2010, 03:43pm
if this seal comes away from the screen will this let water into the drivers foot well, if not does any body know how water is getting into the foot well when it rains, this on a c4 VTR+ 2005. Please help as this has been going on for a few weeks now.
MiniPaulo   
Tue Aug 17 2010, 03:54pm
Member No: #13367
Water in the footwell is usually unrelated: the aircon condensate vent pipe which is either blocked or has fallen off. Reasonably common problem. There are a few Threads on this topic.... look here for a FAQ on how to resolve - Click Here -
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Aug 17 2010, 04:21pm

Member No: #1
davey_ansell wrote ...

if this seal comes away from the screen will this let water into the drivers foot well, if not does any body know how water is getting into the foot well when it rains, this on a c4 VTR+ 2005. Please help as this has been going on for a few weeks now.

No, there is no access via that it's either the aircon drain of possibly the rainwater gutter drain.
davey_ansell   
Wed Aug 18 2010, 03:01pm
Thanks guys, i will work on this over the weekend at let you know what happens, i've also fixed the seal to the windscreen with help from people on here. Thanks again.
steviewonder41   
Wed Aug 18 2010, 04:09pm
hi,i have a mate who works for citroen on the c4,s and i had asked him about the seal mentioned,and he said that there,s nothing to worry about cos any water that does get past the seal,just runs down the back of the engine compartment and out to the ground behind the engine,i know that its a nuisance and if ur like me you want things right,mine was the same,and i managed to get it back on the window and i have had no problems with it coming off since,hope this puts your mind at rest
davey_ansell   
Sun Aug 22 2010, 04:47am
Hi,

I have stripped away the covers to look for the drain off pipe to find not one fitted, i have used a piece of garden hose until I can get to Citroen on Monday to get a new pipe.
Clivey   
Wed Oct 13 2010, 03:41pm
Member No: #1742
C6 Dave wrote ...
This is a well known and discussed issue which is important because if the lower edge is not on the screen properly it can let water drip onto the ABS ECU area

Ouch - that is not what I needed to hear. My C4's scuttle panel has detached itself from the windscreen but it's also dislodged the two pieces of trim that are attached to the A-pillars, meaning that it's not a simple matter of clipping the seal back into place. In order to fix this, I'm probably going to need disassembly instructions to be able to refit the different pieces of trim without causing damage (see photo attachments below).

If that wasn't enough, to make things interesting I'm also intermittently seeing the "ABS/ASR System Faulty" and " ESP System Faulty" warnings. I had put this down to the brake pedal switch in the passenger footwell (after taking it out and refitting it, the error messages ceased for some time before eventually (after a fortnight) reappearing). However, it appears that I'm also having a problem with one of my rear light clusters - the nearside brake light bulb has blown 3 times this year.

C6 Dave wrote ...
Don't take any waffle from the dealer.

To be honest, I've completely given-up on the dealership network after hearing nothing but waffle from them regarding things like creaking doors and windscreen washer systems. The various service departments appear to know nothing about the cars they're trusted with maintaining - I was recently told by a service manager that "Citroens don't suffer from rattles". Whatever.

EDIT: I'm currently having problems uploading images to the forum - are there any issues with the attachment system at present (I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.11 with the Safari browser, if it helps)?
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Oct 13 2010, 04:55pm

Member No: #1
Clivey wrote ...

EDIT: I'm currently having problems uploading images to the forum - are there any issues with the attachment system at present (I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.11 with the Safari browser, if it helps)?

If they won't upload, they are too large. You can't upload big images produced by most cameras these days, they take up to much server space and the resize function just time out

You need to reduce the file size first. Get them down to 1024X wide and they should be OK

As for the side trims on the windscreen, your probably going to have to buy new ones if the clips have gone.
Clivey   
Wed Oct 13 2010, 05:30pm
C6 Dave wrote ...
If they won't upload, they are too large. You can't upload big images produced by most cameras these days, they take up to much server space and the resize function just time out

You need to reduce the file size first. Get them down to 1024X wide and they should be OK

Thanks Dave. The photos will upload, but when I try to submit the completed post the page refuses to load. Actually, earlier this evening, several other pages on this site also refused to load (my browser's working fine with other sites). I'll try again shortly.

C6 Dave wrote ...
As for the side trims on the windscreen, your probably going to have to buy new ones if the clips have gone.

It looks as though the clips that hold the bottom of each piece of trim (where the A-pillar meets the front wing/bonnet) have been forced out of position as the scuttle panel has dropped away from the windscreen. See what you think when I get these photos to upload.
Clivey   
Wed Oct 13 2010, 05:35pm
Let's try again, shall we?

Image 1 shows that the seal on the scuttle panel is no longer making contact with the bottom of the windscreen in the same way as other C4Owners have shown.

Image 2 shows the A-pillar trim, scuttle panel etc. not fitting together on the driver's side of the car.

Images 2 & 3 show both A-pillar trims out of position at the bottom. I'm not exactly sure when this happened - I noticed it one day when I came to wash my car.

wozza   
Wed Oct 13 2010, 06:04pm

Member No: #2
Managed to fix my scuttle panel the other day. Removed the sound deadening until I could feel the plastic rim into which the windscreen lower seal is supposed to slot in on the scuttle. Then just pushed it back on.

Seems to be holding fine now.
BigJohnD   
Thu Oct 14 2010, 02:31am

Member No: #82
Seems to me you've had a new windscreen put in at sometime and it's been very badly fitted.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member