or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

C4 Plastic cover lower windscreen seal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
neilp   
Sat Jul 18 2009, 11:40am
Member No: #3384
I posted this to an old thread, but just to sure it's noticed I thought I'd create a new one.

I found if I lift up the plastic cover away from the windscreen there is a long plastic clip runs the length of the middle 2/3 of the of the windscreen edge.

This clip attachs to the plastic cover and then slides onto the bottom edge of the windscreen. It holds the seal firm against the windscreen, I had never seen this clip before and it does appear to be doing the job.

Before using the clip

After using the clip

The clip is under the plastic cover, between the cover and the brake reservoir support panel

Update - Just to verify this clip is already under the plastic cover, not one I've added myself. All I've done is fasten it to the windscreen.
Neil
1 User said Thank You to neilp for this Post :
 C4NewbieJon (10 Oct 2012 : 12:26)
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Aug 26 2009, 04:31am

Member No: #1
I need to check mine then

Thanks for posting
furry   
Wed Aug 26 2009, 04:44am
silicon / superglue will work fine
Rich_Eason   
Wed Aug 26 2009, 06:39am

Member No: #90
furry wrote ...

superglue will work fine

I'd STRONGLY recommend not using Superglue to bond anything to the glass.

Superglue can have a tendancy to vent and cause a white "fogging" on adjacent materials, and more importantly on glass, it will cause the glass to crack the next time it falls in full sunlight.

I think you can get "Glass Specific" Superglue, however I have no idea what the bonding qualities will be like the the rubber seal of the panel.

furry   
Wed Aug 26 2009, 09:31am
yeap
i got something like that, not the generic type, its clear just like waterproofing silicon

it is to bond the clip to the windscreen, while the wiper scuttle goes into the clip, so no bonding to scuttle at all
neilp   
Wed Aug 26 2009, 02:35pm
furry wrote ...

yeap
i got something like that, not the generic type, its clear just like waterproofing silicon

it is to bond the clip to the windscreen, while the wiper scuttle goes into the clip, so no bonding to scuttle at all

Before I realised there was a clip it wasn't even fastened to the scuttle. Now I've fixed it to both scuttle and windscreen it hasn't moved and didn't need any glue....
matt_wood87   
Wed Oct 14 2009, 12:08pm
i've noticed the same problem on my 56 reg coupe, but after taking a look i can't see a clip, i had to remove a small plastic peg to see under the plastic clover, but there was definately no silver clip like in the photos above?
neilp   
Wed Oct 14 2009, 02:13pm
Mine had nearly become completely unclipped before I fixed it. It's not lying under the scuttle is it.?
matt_wood87   
Wed Oct 21 2009, 05:21am
I have a good look around and can't find it, does anyone know the citroen part number of a replacement clip? My local dealership claim that there is no clip, and it is just a fault in the design that other owners have reported to them also!
StuntmanM   
Thu Mar 04 2010, 11:50pm
Member No: #2574
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I took my car in to the lcoal dealership for a corrosion issue the other day, I also mentioned this problem with the windscreen seal, and they said they'd never seen or heard of the problem before!

(On a side note, they also said they wouldn't check out my corrosion problem until the car was in for a service because although i had an appointment, it would take too long! They also said they didn't think it would be covered (although it was under the seal of the back door window))

Will take a look for this clip today.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Mar 05 2010, 01:41am

@ StuntmanM, there is a printable version of the post with images here: - Click Here -

This is a well known and discussed issue which is important because if the lower edge is not on the screen properly it can let water drip onto the ABS ECU area

Don't take any waffle from the dealer.
StuntmanM   
Fri Mar 05 2010, 03:08am
Member No: #2574
I'd read the previous posts about using silicone etc, but had never noticed the clip underneath the flap.

Now, thanks to this post (and with a few scraped knuckles, and broken clips, should have waited for the temperature to get above freezing) my trim is back in place.

Thanks guys.
NotFrench   
Mon Jun 21 2010, 11:56am
Member No: #86
Where is the clip? I can't see it. Please can someone give clearer instructions and pictures? See my post on the same problem here: - Click Here -
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Jun 21 2010, 01:12pm

NotFrench wrote ...

Where is the clip? I can't see it. Please can someone give clearer instructions and pictures? See my post on the same problem here: - Click Here -

There is a link in my post 2 up to the FAQ with pictures - Click Here -
NotFrench   
Wed Jun 23 2010, 12:55pm
Member No: #86
neilp wrote ...

The clip is under the plastic cover, between the cover and the brake reservoir support panel

That last picture, neilp, I just don't understand what I'm looking at. Where is the clip, and what is it clipping to? Where is teh windscreen in this photo. Can we have a wider angle photo please, to show where we are? Sorry to be dense, but please clarify, with other pictures and diagram if possible. Thanks.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member