or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

C4 Remote locking key fob

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Marty.tha.mouse   
Thu Aug 05 2010, 08:26am
C6 Dave wrote ...

You can only get a whole key from Citroen which is why we have all these discussions on alternative options.

After I replied here I found to more topics about that indeed.. Thanks for the info..

I've found the DIY manual also, so if this key fob doesn't work I'l buy another one from the links on Ebay as quoted..

Thanks once again!
dog face   
Wed Dec 22 2010, 01:17am
neilp wrote ...

My key fob fell apart at the weekend and when I went to the local dealer I was told the replacement fob was about £100 and I would have to wait about 2 or 3 weeks. Then it would be £40 to program. That could have been + VAT for all I know, I didn't ask.

I was pointed to a local locksmiths who supplied a new key/ fob and programmed the next day for £85.

Now I guess some of you will tell me I could have got it cheaper and program it myself, but at the time it seemed a good deal to me.

If you are in the Nottingham area it's 3D Autokeys at the top of Westdale Lane.

Mine is a C4 but I think they do the Picasso as well.

Neil

I had the same problem and took my car to a locksmith who done it within an hour. Can't remember how much it was but it was half the price of what Citroen was going to charge.

I have had it over a year now with no problems. I had it done at KEYFAX, phone number 0161-339 7500.
craig211   
Sun Jul 24 2011, 11:00am
Member No: #19535
I got these guys - Click Here - to repair my key, the case had broken near the key bit and the light button didn't work, they replaced the microswitch and case also got a new battery, very quick as well sent mine away and got it repaired and back within a week. Only slight disappointment was the Citroen badge was removed from my old case and glued to the new one (seen better work).
Overall very happy with the service and quality of the keyfob.
jtcg_mpo   
Sun Nov 20 2011, 04:42pm
I have a key fob prob too!

My display informed me a few weeks back that the battery in the fob was "flat" and needed replacing.

I ordered a new battery and in the meantime used the second key.

When I received the new battery I followed the instructions in the book (ignition on-press lock for 5 secs-ignition off) but the remote would still not work.

Worse still, after I re-introduced the "working" key into the ignition, that now no longer works as a remote.

So in a space of a few days, I have gone from having 2 active remotes to 2 dead remotes.

I don't really want to go to the dealership as I don't see why I should be charged silly money to fix a problem which should not have occurred in the first place.

I can still lock the car centrally via the door lock and the car drives perfectly....just confused why the fobs will not "register" with the car itself!!
BigJohnD   
Sun Nov 20 2011, 05:14pm

Member No: #82
jtcg_mpo wrote ...

When I received the new battery I followed the instructions in the book (ignition on-press lock for 5 secs-ignition off) but the remote would still not work.

Reprogramming the key

- Key in ignition (ignition off)
- Turn key to ignition on, and press and hold locking button for about 5 secs.
- Release button on fob
- Turn ignition off
- Wait about 10-15secs and fob programming should be complete.

See the FAQ - Click Here -
craig573   
Tue Mar 20 2012, 05:06am
Member No: #22671
Ok, if I have a brand new genuine Citroen key with and unprogrammed transponder can anyone with the Lexia Software program the key or do I have to go to Citroen for this?
Biohead   
Tue Mar 20 2012, 05:37am

Member No: #6049
It is possible to do this with a Lexia, but you do need the corresponding key code for your car.
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 craig573 (20 Mar 2012 : 06:40)
craig573   
Tue Mar 20 2012, 05:50am
Biohead wrote ...

It is possible to do this with a Lexia, but you do need the corresponding key code for your car.

I ve got the Key Code Card so looks ok then...cheers
Biohead   
Tue Mar 20 2012, 06:22am

Member No: #6049
It's been a while since I did mine, but if you get stuck give me a shout. Just make sure you get the key blade cut first as you have to put it in the ignition to pair it to the ecu too.
craig573   
Tue Mar 20 2012, 06:43am
Biohead wrote ...

It's been a while since I did mine, but if you get stuck give me a shout. Just make sure you get the key blade cut first as you have to put it in the ignition to pair it to the ecu too.

Yes that's what I thought so will get it cut first and if I do get stuck I'm sure I'll give you a shout...cheers
albertparko   
Sat Jun 16 2012, 08:13am
Hello - new member, apologies for bumping an inactive thread but it appears to be the sticky for this issue.

C4 Picasso - key fob stopped working about a month ago. Very intermittently, it would lock the car but never unlock. I assumed it was the battery, and today got round to buying a new one and replacing it.

Nothing happens, so I come to the trusty internet and find my way here. I've followed the instructions as per BigJohnD's post - thank you for that - and now I'm at the point where the key fob buttons will only work if the key is touching the ignition barrel.

??

To be clear - it doesn't have to be all the way in. With the engine switched off, I can lock/ unlock the car and turn the lights on and off with the tip of the car key touching the barrel. As soon as I remove the physical connection, nothing.

Would really appreciate any help on this. If there's any new member initiation procedures I've not followed then please do let me know!

Thanks
TomOnC4   
Tue Oct 09 2012, 02:42pm
Member No: #13833
C6 Dave wrote ...

Yes you can swap them over

I need to replace the button side of the plastic holder of my key- fob. I hope to get a new case and transfer all the electronics, key etc over. If I could get the right fit as my original key, I would only need to replace one side, thereby avoiding having to move the key to a new fob case.

I have seen a number of links out to E-Bay auctions from this site. However, anyone I have linked through to says that the item is no longer available or has been withdrawn.

My key fob has the "lights on" micro-switch in the middle and has the battery on board the circuit board.

Anyone have an up-to-date contact selling these?

Thanks in advance.
Jaimewhitton   
Thu Oct 11 2012, 08:20pm
Member No: #13165
Brought my 2009 c4 3 weeks ago now and the buttons on the key fob were worn out so i got this ebay item number 290777682139... although the item has ended, I brought it 3 days before and there were more than 10 available with only one sold. Maybe worth a message to the seller to see if he still has them

Very easy to fit but you will need to swap the key over as the clips are just slightly out, very easy job to do though. Done mine in around 90 seconds...

Works great though and at a bargain price
DaMiAa   
Mon Feb 04 2013, 08:45pm
Member No: #27518
Again sorry to bring this thread back up... I have my 2nd key which starts my car and locks the doors physically but the remote buttons do nothing. There is nothing wrong with the case it is like new.. Can i buy just a new circuit board and get that programmed, i have my key card. It's the 3 button for C4 GP 2.0 Auto ESP.

My local Citroen dealer want over £125 for a key and will take up to 2 weeks, then i need to take all keys and car in to all be synced?

Thanks
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Feb 05 2013, 01:59am

Member No: #1
No you can't just buy the circuit board I'm afraid.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 DaMiAa (05 Feb 2013 : 02:08)
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member