or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Just fitted a Seat Leon Cupra front splitter on my C4 VTS 180 'By Loeb'

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JonM   
Thu Nov 19 2009, 05:48am
Member No: #211
Darren S wrote ...

And inevitably, today came the moment of doom. I turned in the road and overhung the kerb and almost ripped off the splitter. One side is completely scraped across the front and hanging down one side, similar to what JonM's was like.

Well fixed mine about 4 times now - prob cause of the amount my C4's is lowered

Odd screw has needed replacing but the splitter in general is really durable.

Has stood up all the knocks including me hitting a large brick the other week that had fallen off a van / lorry that was in the middlle of the road which i couldnt swerve to avoid due to oncoming traffic.

With a quick fix each time its back as it was the day I 1st put it on.

Has one or two slight marks but theyre not too noticeable unless really close up but all is good. Guess i'll prob have to buy another splitter sometime as present one will only take so much

Jon
madbiker48   
Mon Nov 23 2009, 04:17am
picking mine up on thursday

you can tell theyr popular coz the guy at seat told me theyv got 30 coming in on thursday and he dosnt think theyll last a week
madbiker48   
Mon Nov 30 2009, 05:42am
put mine on yesterday, will get some pics soon
MDC   
Wed Dec 09 2009, 02:27pm
Member No: #8954
does it fit on a 5 doors front ?

the dealer changed mine , but got the wrong one
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Dec 09 2009, 04:55pm

Member No: #1
5 door / 3 door - the front of the car is exactly the same on a C4 Hatch and Coupe apart from the lower valance, the higher spec versions have a sport one on both models
MDC   
Sat Dec 19 2009, 01:42pm
Member No: #8954
@ c6 dave ,

i dont have the 2 '' holes'' in my front , and i dont know or the shape of that part is different ,

Darren   
Sat Dec 19 2009, 02:26pm
Member No: #5650
To clarify, the splitter will only fit C4's with the "sportier" front bumper. This applies for both Coupe and Hatch.

So it won't fit C4's with front bumpers like this:

The bumper at the bottom is rounded off and isn't suitable to mount the splitter. This bumper is found on Pre Facelift LX, SX, VT or equivalent spec models.

But it will fit C4's with bumpers like this:

The bumper at the bottom is much squarer than the lower spec models and it therefore suitable to mount the splitter. This bumper is found on Pre Facelift VTR, VTR+, VTS or equivalent spec models.

Hope that clears up any confused for anyone planning to add this mod.
Smee   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 04:54pm
Member No: #6910
sorry but can some one tell me if the seat cupra splitter fits an 09 plate 1.6 vtr + HDI egs jobbie

thanks

Lee
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Jan 22 2010, 05:10pm

If it has the facelift front bumper, then no it won't.

It only fits pre face lift (July 08) Hatch/Coupes with the 'sports' bumper
Darren   
Sun Jan 24 2010, 01:36pm
One thing to take into account before you fit one of these splitters is the damage that may be caused to it from day to day driving + car parks, kerbs etc etc.

Here's some pictures of my splitter which is pretty much destroyed after a short time on my C4. Now removed from the car and never going back on.

You can see from several of the pictures where it's scraped so hard it's burnt a hole in it.

The last picture is where the splitter bent back on itself as I was driving and got stuck between my car and the road, and grated a nice flat section.

Darren   
Sun Jan 24 2010, 01:39pm
Oh, it's available to buy if anyone wants it
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jan 24 2010, 01:57pm

That's had some serious abuse Darren.

Mine didn't look anywhere near as bad even though it had been virtually pulled off once in our local Asda car park.
Darren   
Sun Jan 24 2010, 02:06pm
It's amazing what that extra inch or so does! I find it virtually impossible to ever make the front of my car touch anything normally, but with the splitter it's always catching everything.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jan 24 2010, 02:49pm

The forum rules forbid me OR ANYONE ELSE from commenting on what difference an extra inch can make
wozza   
Sun Jan 24 2010, 03:35pm

Member No: #2
Can't believe you are considering lowering it looking at that splitter. Might be a bad idea if the splitter got that much abuse.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member