or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

His name is MAX - the new Picasso that is

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
DAVE727   
Sat Mar 07 2009, 08:11am
Well as you all know Monday saw the arrrival of my new baby and with all babies it had to have a name well his name is MAX and the reason he is a he....Because a woman could never be his good...sorry ladies im waiting for the missiles coming this way.....But damm this car is good.

On Monday we did nearly 40 miles just driving for no other reason than being in the car and on Thusrday drove from Swaffham Norfolk to Manchester arena for the oldest daughter and wife to see FALL OUT BOY in concert and he was wonderfull, Max that is not fall out boy the car was so comfortable when we got to Manchester i just got out and that was it no back ache or leg pain just a warm cosy feeling and the satisfaction that according to the screen we had done 52.6 miles to the gallon...not bad i thought for a car with less than 200 miles on the clock when we set off.

I used the cruise controll most of the way changing between 58mph and 65 mph and 75 mph so to not keep it on same revs because of breaking in new engine anyway we left Norfolk at 11 am and got back home at 3 am Friday some 386 miles all together and still had 3 bars of fuel left in tank.

Yes i was tired but with the Focus i would need to be removed from the car by medical professionals with some sort of rope and pulley system after such a long journey yet with MAX i was fine all that remained was the need for a damm good clean out after the kids had got crisps into every space they could find.

Saturday morning came the time to fill him up and with a few miles done Friday and Saturday morning about 25 miles in total extra to Manchester trip all it took was £47.89 to fill him up again,

Anyway things i love about Max and the things i dont or would change but please understand this is only after six days so things may be different 6 months down the line but after such a long trip in it's first week i'm very very impressed with him....

THINGS I LIKE:

1. EGS gearbox just great why did i not do this years ago?
2. BRAKES wow! i think these would stop a jumbo jet feel nice and give great confidence
3. COMFORT again wow! seats great steering nice,suspension wonderfull
4. VISION fantastic great all round vision no issues with windscreen, dash looks super at night
5. The whole car rearly

THINGS I DONT LIKE OR WOULD CHANGE:

1. DAMM ECONOMY MODE who ever thought this one was a good idea shoulkd be taken outside and shot.......a little harsh but why for a car so good for the enviroment it seems daft to put something on that means if im waiting for wife or kids to come out of shop then i need to have the engine running to listen to the radio....silly

2. Would like to be able to change setting of rear suspension to make it firmer if needed as we have some very bad roads near us and it could do with being a bit stiffer at times

And that is it i have never had a car that im this happy with, lets hope he is going to be good with no silly problems that seem to go on but i have great confidence in Citroen and with my dealer East of england motors (co-op) Kings Lynn
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Mar 07 2009, 09:43am

Member No: #1
DAVE727 wrote ...

1. DAMM ECONOMY MODE who ever thought this one was a good idea shoulkd be taken outside and shot.......a little harsh but why for a car so good for the enviroment it seems daft to put something on that means if im waiting for wife or kids to come out of shop then i need to have the engine running to listen to the radio....silly
t seem to go on but i have great confidence in Citroen and with my dealer East of england motors (co-op) Kings Lynn

Save the planet and carry your iPond and a pair of headphones, then you don't need to run the engine

But if that's your only real complaint then Citroen seem to have got i right with the GP
Ham   
Sat Mar 07 2009, 10:40am

Member No: #69
DAVE727 wrote ...

Well aa you all know Monday saw the arrrival of my new baby and with all babies it had to have a name well his name is MAX and the reason he is a he....Because a woman could never be his good...sorry ladies im waiting for the missiles coming this way.....But damm this car is good.

On Monday we did nearly 40 miles just driving for no other reason than being in the car and on Thusrday drove from Swaffham Norfolk to Manchester arena for the oldest daughter and wife to see FALL OUT BOY in concert and he was wonderfull, Max that is not fall out boy the car was so comfortable when we got to Manchester i just got out and that was it no back ache or leg pain just a warm cosy feeling and the satisfaction that according to the screen we had done 52.6 miles to the gallon...not bad i thought for a car with less than 200 miles on the clock when we set off.

I used the cruise controll most of the way changing between 58mph and 65 mph and 75 mph so to not keep it on same revs because of breaking in new engine anyway we left Norfolk at 11 am and got back home at 3 am Friday some 386 miles all together and still had 3 bars of fuel left in tank.

Yes i was tired but with the Focus i would need to be removed from the car by medical professionals with some sort of rope and pulley system after such a long journey yet with MAX i was fine all that remained was the need for a damm good clean out after the kids had got crisps into every space they could find.

Saturday morning came the time to fill him up and with a few miles done Friday and Saturday morning about 25 miles in total extra to Manchester trip all it took was £47.89 to fill him up again,

Anyway things i love about Max and the things i dont or would change but please understand this is only after six days so things may be different 6 months down the line but after such a long trip in it's first week i'm very very impressed with him....

THINGS I LIKE:

1. EGS gearbox just great why did i not do this years ago?
2. BRAKES wow! i think these would stop a jumbo jet feel nice and give great confidence
3. COMFORT again wow! seats great steering nice,suspension wonderfull
4. VISION fantastic great all round vision no issues with windscreen, dash looks super at night
5. The whole car rearly

2. Would like to be able to change setting of rear suspension to make it firmer if needed as we have some very bad roads near us and it could do with being a bit stiffer at times

And that is it i have never had a car that im this happy with, lets hope he is going to be good with no silly problems that seem to go on but i have great confidence in Citroen and with my dealer East of england motors (co-op) Kings Lynn

you know the rules Dave...........
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Mar 07 2009, 12:47pm

We need a smiley for a 'Gotcha'
DAVE727   
Sat Mar 07 2009, 02:39pm
Sorry guys tut...tut...tut must try harder

Dave_Retired.   
Sat Mar 07 2009, 05:26pm

That windmill will never work Dave, motorway bridges are far too low
blueclouduk   
Sat Mar 07 2009, 07:40pm
I'm more concerned that the eco-terrorist that put the grafitti on the windmill can't spell "rickety".
DAVE727   
Sun Mar 08 2009, 01:08am
One hell of a place to charge up a mobile phone 21 seconds and its full....lol

On a more serious note this wind turbine is one of a pair that power a whole industrial estate just on the outskirts of Swaffham as you can see this one takes passangers.

I find them relaxing to watch but some in the local area dont want them...would they sooner have a coal power station or nuclear power station in there "back yard" they could put 50 in the field next to me and i would welcome them with open arms....but thats just my opinion.
Prasutagus   
Sun Mar 08 2009, 03:05am
Member No: #341

I've been in the passenger compartment of that turbine, Dave. I found that it got quite sickly as it revolved much quicker on windy days. In fact, I believe they now have buckets in there for that very reason?

Have you tried it out?

DAVE727   
Sun Mar 08 2009, 03:51pm
Yes Mel it can get some speed up a recent school trip had to be cut short as most of the children felt a little sick but at least you get a bucket these days not so long ago you had to lean out one of the small windows.

Jayne wont go up as it wobbles about a bit but i love it...
Jacippit   
Mon Mar 09 2009, 02:50am
Nice looking car Dave, its true the C4P is an awesome miles muncher but dont like being chucked about....
Prasutagus   
Mon Mar 09 2009, 03:38am
Member No: #341

Dave - I thought the local press reported something about a group of parents trying to stop schools visiting the turbine because of the possible danger when it spins?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member