or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

C4 Alloy Wheel Centre caps

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
swissball   
Tue Feb 24 2009, 04:47am
I've had my 2.0 VTR+ for just over 3 years - from new - but the centre caps are looking a bit faded and shabby.

They are on the original 17" alloys. I've rang my local dealership but the price quoted is crazy, does anyone have any ideas where I could lay my hands on a replacement set?
Jacippit   
Tue Feb 24 2009, 05:27am
One way is to support the site, become a premier member and then you will have access to 3 dealers who get big discounts to premier members....
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Feb 24 2009, 05:31am

Member No: #1
You can take them off and re paint the black parts - I'm sure they clip off as another member posted about doing just that.
swissball   
Tue Feb 24 2009, 05:48am
I was about to take them off to clean them up but if you look at the pic I've lost a piece of chrome, so will have to get at least one new one. BTW how do you become a premier member?
BigJohnD   
Tue Feb 24 2009, 05:55am

Member No: #82
There's a thread here about centre caps: - Click Here -

swissball wrote ...
BTW how do you become a premier member?

Click on the red arrow: - Click Here -
Ham   
Tue Feb 24 2009, 10:42am

Member No: #69
hi Stuart,
the chevron (black plastic) parts will unclip and youll then be able to prep and paint them.
swissball   
Tue Feb 24 2009, 11:14am
Sadly its one of the chrome bits that is missing.
robbie-rocket-pants   
Wed Feb 25 2009, 02:09pm
For some reason mine were looking very manky - particularly the black bits. So today I removed the centre caps then I unclipped the chevron part and I tried wire-brushing them, to no effect. Then I tried a very strong acid solution, again to no effect! So I decided to take some sandpaper to them and sprayed them all black. They look great & it cost about tuppence ha'penny.
swissball   
Wed Feb 25 2009, 03:22pm
Sounds good to me, thats what I intended to do, or something alone those lines, until I noticed one of the silver chevrons was missing - see pic - have you taken any pics of your refurbished ones? I might do what you did but just buy the one part instead of all 4
cheers buddy
robbie-rocket-pants   
Thu Feb 26 2009, 09:44am
Hi Swissball,
errm...how do you upload a photo ??

(I've only got a small brain)
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Feb 26 2009, 10:44am

Member No: #1
robbie-rocket-pants wrote ...

Hi Swissball,
errm...how do you upload a photo ??

(I've only got a small brain)

Click on rather than using the 'quick reply box' - then you get an additional box to browse to your image on your PC and add it as an attachment
wozza   
Thu Feb 26 2009, 10:46am

Member No: #2
What about the Loeb centre caps. Could buy them. Yes they aren't cheap but the have more chrome on them I believe. Instead of the chevrons going out into the black its just chrome in the same style as the front grill. So Chrome chevrons going into 2 chroms lines.
robbie-rocket-pants   
Thu Feb 26 2009, 11:54am
Right,
here goes for some photos:

RRP

Edit....

Blast!
Told you I had a small brain.

I used the "insert image" icon and put:
(img style=width:680px) d:\IMG_0791.jpg (/img)
using square brackets, where d:\ is my drive and IMG_791.jpg is the file.

Where have I gone wrong ?
wozza   
Thu Feb 26 2009, 12:03pm

Member No: #2
When you click Post Reply at the bottom right of a thread. There will be a box below where you type your reply that says file to attach.

Use that and point it to your file on your hard drive. Best way to do it.
robbie-rocket-pants   
Thu Feb 26 2009, 12:06pm
Try again:

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member