or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Fuel Gauge Accuracy

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 08:33am

Member No: #82
Wintermute wrote ...
I just noticed, for some reason, that the "remaining range" displayed on the speedo binnacle is always one mile less than the range displayed on the multi-function screen, even after re-setting the trip computer. Anyone else have that problem?
Yes, it's a known glytch. Put the readout into KM and they read the same.

The other known glytch is that the four figure trip recorder on the dash has only a leading 1, i.e. there is a display limit of 1999. When converting, say 1500 miles to KM, which is about 2400KM, only the last three digits are displayed. So the 1500 miles when converted displays as 400KM.
Wintermute   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 11:58am
ahahah brilliant. I wasn't too worried because the gauge was accurate otherwise, and one mile hardly makes a difference, but it is a fairly weird thing nevertheless.

Do Citroen ever plan on releasing a C4 properly converted for non-continental Europeans?
BigJohnD   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 12:15pm

Wintermute wrote ...
Do citroen ever plan on releasing a C4 properly converted for non-continental europeans?
Or when will the UK accept SI units as the primary standard? (though I agree about the overall conversion to RHD being incomplete)
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 12:26pm

Member No: #1
BigJohnD wrote ...

Wintermute wrote ...
Do citroen ever plan on releasing a C4 properly converted for non-continental europeans?
Or when will the UK accept SI units as the primary standard? (though I agree about the overall conversion to RHD being incomplete)

Or when we ditch the £ and convert to the euro

The UK is a small part of Citroen's market plus they are French and proud of it, so why should they compromise like the weak livered Governments we have in the UK do
blueclouduk   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 12:29pm
I always thought we missed an opportunity during the fuel shortages a couple of years ago (naff all traffic so easier to test etc) to at least start planning a change over from RHD to LHD and to adopt the metric system.

It makes far more sense to me to switch over, especially for the speed limits and distances. Ireland seemed to manage just fine.
Wintermute   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 01:52pm
I'll be honest I agree with conversion to metric (I was born in the 80s, I don't understand feet and inches). Moving the handbrake over and giving me a keyhole on the driver's side would be nice though!!

Conversion to the euro, however, would be a big mistake. We should go back to a pre-maastricht treaty europe, with economically & politically separate but cooperating nations, it would be more powerful and adapt better to adverse conditions (like we have right now)
BigJohnD   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 02:17pm

Despite being a bit gerry, I had SI units bashed into me for my A levels in 1968. Forty years on, there's been little change.

As for the Euro, the cost of the transition would be astromonic, but after that I can't see a problem other than from people who still think the British Empire exists.
Rich_Eason   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 02:27pm

Member No: #90
BigJohnD wrote ...

Despite being a bit gerry, I had SI units bashed into me for my A levels in 1968. Forty years on, there's been little change.

As for the Euro, the cost of the transition would be astromonic, but after that I can't see a problem other than from people who still think the British Empire exists.

Why not enforce that as of Monday we all drive on the right as well?
BigJohnD   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 03:24pm

As I said, the cost of transition is emornous, but the Swedes managed it in 1967!
firebee   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 04:21pm
Member No: #4311
Wintermute wrote ...

(I was born in the 80s, I don't understand feet and inches).

I was also born in the 80s, but find that I use imperial for some things and metric for others, some metric measurements mean absolutely nothing to me, whereas some imperial measurements sound like they are from the Ark!
Magistrate   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 04:25pm
Member No: #1731
Swedish Pike still accept size 12 hooks attached to 6lb line LOL. And yes. they still have the Swedish kroner.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Nov 29 2008, 05:08pm

Member No: #1
BigJohnD wrote ...

I had algebra and logarithims bashed into me

Funny how I have never ever found a use for them

Imperial/Metric well I have worked in both (at the same time) so never an issue and I'm older than you John
Wintermute   
Sun Nov 30 2008, 09:46am
The problem with converting over to the euro isn't some sort of UKIP style nationalism, but you completely lose control of your own economy. Europe is still composed of separate economies, all based on different things (agriculture, service economy, knowledge based economy, manufacturing) and to try and control everything from a single source, with "one size fits all" inflation and soforth is a disaster.
firebee   
Sun Nov 30 2008, 06:25pm
Member No: #4311
And as interesting a discussion as this is about the euro, considering the recent comments - Click Here - by Barroso, I can't help thinking we've wandered off topic and it's maybe best continued elsewhere?

This was originally about fuel gauge accuracy.
Rich_Eason   
Mon Dec 01 2008, 02:57am

Member No: #90
I'm purly metric man only because I have used it day in day out for work - setting out, drawings etc... apart from the pint of milk for my tea and the lb bag of sugar that goes with it

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member