or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

LED Bulbs and a Citroën C4 - The Definitive Guide

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
kipper   
Sat Feb 25 2012, 09:36am
Some people do use their fog lamps as extra (non-foggy) driving lamps, but they are just the usual thickos who do most things wrong. My C4 (and I am sure everyone else's) fog light switch switches the rear fogs on, then the front, I cannot use the fronts on their own, so C4 drivers cannot be accused of any wrong doing (unless they like annoying the following car as well).
no1ice   
Sat Feb 25 2012, 10:37am
Member No: #20784
kipper wrote ...

I cannot use the fronts on their own, so C4 drivers cannot be accused of any wrong doing (unless they like annoying the following car as well).

I agree using fogs is silly when not needed but my fog lights come on front first then the rear! one twist brings on the front ones and then another twist makes the rear come on.
C4Darren   
Sat Feb 25 2012, 11:01am
Member No: #13754
no1ice wrote ...

kipper wrote ...

I cannot use the fronts on their own, so C4 drivers cannot be accused of any wrong doing (unless they like annoying the following car as well).

I agree using fogs is silly when not needed but my fog lights come on front first then the rear! one twist brings on the front ones and then another twist makes the rear come on.

Yea, it should be one twist forward for fronts, a second twist forward puts on the rears.

It's because it may be slightly foggy and you want to use your fronts, but the law states (in the UK obv) rears only to be used when visibility is less than 100m.
Commodore   
Sat Feb 25 2012, 04:21pm
Member No: #21107
On my stalk, I have the option to turn the front on first, or the rear on first. One twist towards me turns the front on, another twist does the rear. If I did one twist away instead, it would turn the rear fog light on first, a second twist away turns on the fronts.

However, use of either in non-fog conditions is illegal and stupid and it seriously annoys me when people do it, especially with ther rear light. Few things worse that following & being blinded by a car with its rear fog lights on in clear weather.
C4Darren   
Sun Feb 26 2012, 11:07am
Member No: #13754
Fogs don't tend to blind me on most cars, I'm totally fine with them. My resentment however is them trying to look cool, and failing. Or sidelights and fogs, how stupid.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member