or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Keeping those Mirrors Clear

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Ham   
Wed May 19 2010, 08:43am

Member No: #69
Mine's not got full leather Dave
love2drive   
Fri Oct 16 2015, 05:59pm
Member No: #42287
Guys, sorry to bring this thread alive again..I bought C4 1.6hdi (2006) hatchback three weeks ago. as the weather getting bad..i am getting problem with visibility. the whole car becomes very foggy inside and even if you clean them b4 driving they will build up again. and front wipers leaves smear watermarks or if it just drizzles it leaves foggy smear which is very annoying. I bought anti fog rain x from halford and also a windscreen spray anti x..but they seem do not work properly..even my screen wash was bought from bp which is rain repellent. could anyone help me how can i avoid this fog/mist and smear mark in the windscreen.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Oct 17 2015, 02:21am

Member No: #1
Foggy inside?

Turn on the air con and leave it on all year round so that the de-humidifier function keeps the moisture level down.

Use the windscreen demist function to clear the screen.

Outside, clean the glass thoroughly of old 'traffic film' and replace the wiper blades.
love2drive   
Sat Oct 17 2015, 03:28pm
Admin Dave wrote ...

Only Cars with full leather and heated mirrors fold electrically as wozza said.

For anything else you need to give a hard pull by hand I'm afraid.

Hi Dave,
My car is fully leathered and also heated front sits..but how do I know if my mirrors are heated or not and if they electrically fold or not? mirrors fold manually in both direction though.

NB: FOGGY!!! actually it will be misty not foggy..I bought rainx for both inside and outside...i will use them to see if they make any difference.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 01:32am

Member No: #1
love2drive wrote ...

My car is fully leathered and also heated front sits..but how do I know if my mirrors are heated or not and if they electrically fold or not? mirrors fold manually in both direction though.

Read your owners handbook, if you don't have one, - Click Here -

love2drive wrote ...

NB: FOGGY!!! actually it will be misty not foggy..

don't 'SHOUT' at me, you posted it as 'Foggy'
love2drive   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 06:19am
Hi Dave, sorry mate, did it sound shout! I didnt mean that though.i apologise for the misunderstanding.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member