or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 Coupe (or Hatch) Rear Wiper not working or rear brake light or tailgate lock faulty.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
paulaspel   
Thu Jan 22 2015, 09:16am
Member No: #26435
OK, my issue is quite comical (if it wasn't so annoying), I have a 55 plate C4, 5 door hatch. my rear wiper stopped working recently, then the rear washer jet, then I discovered last week that if I switch on the rear demister button the rear wiper starts work (the demister doesn't sadly). Also when I try to open the rear door, there's a couple of seconds delay before the door will click open. It's completely bonkers, I feel like I'm driving a clown car!!

Anyone have any ideas?
routemaster1   
Thu Jan 22 2015, 09:33am
Member No: #574
Inspect the wiring loom between the car body and tailgate. You will almost certainly find chafing and possibly breakage of the wires. These types of symptoms have been reported many times on the site. Citroen have done a recall on some cars with specific VIN numbers. If you find any problems it is probably worth taking it to a Citroen agent for them to look at.
BigJohnD   
Thu Jan 22 2015, 10:56am

Member No: #82
- Click Here - and look for recall MHU.

See this thread as well: - Click Here -
DeuxChevaux   
Fri Jan 23 2015, 03:50am
Member No: #16472
Or maybe just read this thread all the way through, your answer is in it!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member