or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

C4 1.6 HDi MPG

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
hertsnminds   
Thu Nov 15 2007, 09:37am
Member No: #1276
How long do i wait before it loosens up!!
My MPG improved at about 10k then again at about 20k but after 23 months and about 28k the overall average has been 48mpg. Given the right conditions there are owners who have had more than 700 mies from 1 tank of diesel (60 litres) about 13.19 gallons and that's only 53mpg.
Bin-The-L-Plates   
Thu Nov 15 2007, 03:37pm
Member No: #1556
Thanks for the replies.
The thing that narks me is, that previous cars managed to achieve the combined mpg, but the C4 doesn't come close yet.
How can anybody make financial calculations and decisions on figures that appear to be unachievable in the real world.

The car is fantastic, and is a great car to teach driving in. All my pupils love it and think its much better than the Micra.
It has already produced new custom, something that never happened with the Micra.

Check out my website for cool pictures.

Go on Stuey..........
BigJohnD   
Thu Nov 15 2007, 04:27pm

Member No: #82
Bin-The-L-Plates.co.uk wrote ...

Thanks for the replies.
The thing that narks me is, that previous cars managed to achieve the combined mpg, but the C4 doesn't come close yet.

I've always seen the combined figured as the best you are likely to get. My previous and other cars never get within about 10% of that figure.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Nov 15 2007, 04:57pm

Member No: #1
Think you already amswered your own question - the trade off is a few less mpg but now a full diary producing more revenue

You can also probably increase the hourly rate as well as people are sure to hrt! the C4 compared to a Micra
Stuey   
Fri Nov 16 2007, 01:59am
Member No: #84
Bin-The-L-Plates.co.uk wrote ...

Go on Stuey..........

there is something missing from this picture...cant quite put me finger on it...got it!

Wheres the spoiler?!?!?!?!? I think putting a spoiler on it will increase business by atleast 400%
hertsnminds   
Fri Nov 16 2007, 04:22am
Wheres the spoiler?!?!?!?!?
It's the big white thing in front of the aerial on the roof, if that doesn't spoil the airflow (and reduce mpg) nuffin will
Bin-The-L-Plates   
Fri Nov 16 2007, 04:32pm
Member No: #1556
Fair point about the roofbox.
But....... its always been on every tuition car i've used. So comparing like with like. So still much worse off than the Micra.
With the roofbox taken off fuel efficiency increases by a massive 2mpg, so not much different.
Maybe Citreoen should be more honest with their figures.
Phil   
Fri Nov 16 2007, 05:20pm

Member No: #406
Looks good mate.

It seems people nowadays are more willing to pay slightly more for their lessons to drive something a bit nicer than the average Fiesta etc etc.

There's a couple of new Minis around here that look very nice, but in Stafford there's a bright Orange Focus ST working as a learner car. I wonder how much he charges for lessons factoring in a high insurance group and probably low 20s / high teens fuel consumption around the town.
Rich_Eason   
Sat Nov 17 2007, 01:54am

Member No: #90
Phil wrote ...

There's a couple of new Minis around here that look very nice, but in Stafford there's a bright Orange Focus ST working as a learner car. I wonder how much he charges for lessons factoring in a high insurance group and probably low 20s / high teens fuel consumption around the town.

There is also a red Astra VXR Learner car around here and wondered the same thing....
hertsnminds   
Sat Nov 17 2007, 04:42am

Probably just a way to not pay VAT for the car, claim it is used in a business. Just like the 4x4 trucks (like the Mitsubishi L200) always advertised at prices without VAT but bought and driven by people who never load the pick-up.

What was that thing on Top Gear the other week about registering your car as a taxi to get around some law or other. I think they had a list with some very exotic cars classed as taxis.
BigJohnD   
Sat Nov 17 2007, 07:05am

hertsnminds wrote ...
What was that thing on Top Gear the other week about registering your car as a taxi to get around some law or other. I think they had a list with some very exotic cars classed as taxis.
Yes, it was to avoid the London congestion charge.

BigJohnD   
Mon May 26 2008, 06:35pm

I've done 540 miles @ 60mpg over the Bank Hol w/e (some rel's kid's Christening near Aylesbury and saw Stockport beat Rochdale at Wembley) and the trip computer reckons there's enough left for 260 miles, making 800 miles from the tank.

Can't be bad (though I had to suffer some of SWMBO's favoruites on the iPod).
hertsnminds   
Tue May 27 2008, 02:37am
(though I had to suffer some of SWMBO's favoruites on the iPod).
You could have said, I am trying to save us fuel (money) by getting the best MPG I can dear...that means I need to switch OFF as many electrics in the car as i can...i.e. iPod and all ICE
AlanMC   
Tue May 27 2008, 03:56am
hertsnminds wrote ...

(though I had to suffer some of SWMBO's favoruites on the iPod).
You could have said, I am trying to save us fuel (money) by getting the best MPG I can dear...that means I need to switch OFF as many electrics in the car as i can...i.e. iPod and all ICE

Hey that is almost what I say to SWMBO every time we get in the car, only its worded. "Shut Up" Doesn't work by the way.
Incoming rolling pin and frying pan soon.
FRAN   
Sat Jun 14 2008, 05:41am
Member No: #1611
No comment on speeds achieved either. I'm quite happy with a shade under 74mpg from my C4 in normal use over a tank.

Fran
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member