or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

Electronic immobiliser faulty (Resolved - faulty key)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
smcnena   
Wed Jun 04 2008, 08:02am
Got up this morning and went to start my engine to go to work.

The car wouldn't start. An error came up on the screen "Electronic Immobiliser is faulty".

Has anybody had the same problem? I seen it mentioned in the recall information section. I m not sure if it is an official recall. Hopefully it is because my warranty is up.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated?

thanks in advance
BigJohnD   
Wed Jun 04 2008, 08:43am

Member No: #82
Hi, smcnena, and welcome to C4O!

Citroën Recall Ref: XYS - "It has been identified that certain vehicles may not start due to an intermittent fault in the on board immobiliser"- could be what you're looking for.

Reference:
Manufacturer Ref: XYS
Launch Date: to follow
Numbers Involved: to follow
Build Start Date: to follow
Build End Date: to follow

Concern: Engine may fail to start
Description: It has been identified that certain vehicles may not start due to an intermittent fault in the onboard immobiliser
Remedial Action: Recalled vehicles will have the control column unit holding the imobiliser, wiper and indicator controls re-placed.
Vehicle ID (VIN): to follow
I've no reason to assume it's anything other than official. Your dealer will be able to get full details from the reference. What we have is incomplete, e.g. list of VIN numbers.
smcnena   
Wed Jun 04 2008, 10:02am
Hello BigJohnD,

Thanks for the quick response.
When you say they will be able to give full details from the reference you mean "XYS"?
Is that enough info for them? If so will I have to wait for the launch date before it will be fixed?

thanks again, much appreciated.

smcnena
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jun 04 2008, 12:42pm

Member No: #1
smcnena wrote ...

Hello BigJohnD,

Thanks for the quick response.
When you say they will be able to give full details from the reference you mean "XYS"?
Is that enough info for them? If so will I have to wait for the launch date before it will be fixed?

thanks again, much appreciated.

smcnena

THe 'Launch' date was 2 years ago if my memory serves me corectly. If your car was part of the batch due for re call it will be easy for a Dealer to check using your reg number (UK) ofr the car's VIN

Maybe it got missed, maybe it was done but has failed again (hope not)
smcnena   
Thu Jun 05 2008, 03:21am
Was onto them there. It was not part of the original recall so it looks like I have get it fixed myself.
Ah well..........................wishfull thinking on my part.

thanks again
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Jun 05 2008, 03:40am

smcnena wrote ...

Was onto them there. It was not part of the original recall so it looks like I have get it fixed myself.
Ah well..........................wishfull thinking on my part.

thanks again

How far is the car out of warranty?

How many miles on the clock?

It has been known for Citroen to part pay as a gesture of goodwill so ask the question - get your dealer to check with Citroen UK
smcnena   
Thu Jun 05 2008, 05:34am
There is 60000km on the clock. I bought it second hand, the car is 2005. It had a two year unlimited mileage warranty, the two years are up so I guess the warranty is up. I will ring citroen ireland and see what they say.
Faeyd   
Tue Jun 17 2008, 08:27am
I just bought a 2005 C4 and after dealing with all the paperwork for an hour and a half I turned the key to drive off and it turned over OK but said it had an immobiliser issue. The Car Shop sent it back to Citroen and said it'll be there 2 weeks and there were another one or two there for the same issue
BigJohnD   
Tue Jun 17 2008, 09:02am

Hello, Faeyd, and welcome to C4O.

Sorry to hear of your problems - two weeks off the road seems a very long time.
smcnena   
Tue Jun 17 2008, 03:46pm
Just got mine sorted. It turned out the key was faulty so had to wait a week for a new one. €210
Could have been worse I suppose................might of needed a new immobiliser.
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jun 17 2008, 04:11pm

smcnena wrote ...

Just got mine sorted. It turned out the key was faulty so had to wait a week for a new one. €210
Could have been worse I suppose................might of needed a new immobiliser.

Ouch that was expensive - far more than the cost in the UK
smcnena   
Tue Jun 17 2008, 04:53pm
Yep expensive. That included a check for system faults though.

Labour €42
imm code €30
Plip and key €110

Then vat on top brought it up to €210.
AlanMC   
Tue Jun 17 2008, 05:42pm
That sure made a hole in your wallet.
BigJohnD   
Wed Jun 18 2008, 08:56am

smcnena wrote ...
Labour €42
imm code €30
Plip and key €110

Then vat on top brought it up to €210.
That's

Labour £33
imm code £24
Plip and key £87

Total inc VAT £166.50

Gulp! My daughter's cheaper.
blueclouduk   
Wed Jun 18 2008, 01:12pm
With the current exchange rate as it is, it's only £10-15 difference, which I suppose isn't excessive.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member