or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: C4 Owners Insurance

C4 OWNERS INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Thu Aug 13 2009, 05:40pm

Member No: #82
The primary exclusions are city centre postcodes and being under 21 - if they don't apply, set them the challenge!
wozza   
Thu Aug 13 2009, 06:19pm

Member No: #2
Darren S wrote ...

Would have been interesting to see if Chris Knott could have beaten my quote from elephant. £1089 for 10 months fully comp on my VTS HDi with Remap and without Noclaims. Also got a few extra things chucked in including upgraded payouts etc.

You have not taken a 10 month accelerator policy out have you? If so you realise that normally the NCB they provide only works with them. Therefore in 10 months time you will not get any NCB from another insurer.

Or is it like mine where you pay 10 months and get 2 months free?
Darren   
Fri Aug 14 2009, 01:15pm
Member No: #5650
rorsters wrote ...

BigJohnD wrote ...

The primary exclusions are city centre postcodes and being under 21 - if they don't apply, set them the challenge!

Don't insure Northern Ireland drivers either as far as I'm aware.

It does work but I would have to continue with my requote after 10 months onto 20 months to effectively get a 12 month no claims. However, elephant were substantially lower than any company I phoned and tried (excluding Chris Knott which I didn't phone).
ChrisKnott   
Thu Oct 01 2009, 07:24am
Member No: #2013
NEW IDEA!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

We are looking at launching a system whereby, to get a quote from us, you have the option of sending your details by email to us and then we will contact you with the quote.

This would also assist those who can't get ring us during working hours or those who would just prefer to correspond through the forum.

My question is would this be helpful to you?

I'd appreciate your comments.
connormoose   
Thu Oct 01 2009, 07:36am
Member No: #5593
There might be a lot of information needed to be sent. Often members might forget to send a piece of information leading to delay and further correspondence. Seems entering the required data into a website that prompts for each piece of required info would be easier.
But sure, there is no harm in trying it out.
BigJohnD   
Thu Oct 01 2009, 10:49am

An online quote is just that - it's not binding - but it could give owners an idea of the costs and what's needed to get affordable insurance.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Oct 01 2009, 01:04pm

Member No: #1
BigJohnD wrote ...

An online quote is just that - it's not binding - but it could give owners an idea of the costs and what's needed to get affordable insurance.

But the cost of installing it means that members won't get such a good deal as the costs have to be added in somewhere.

e mail sounds like a good idea and a templates file in say excel with all the questions asked and returned would be far more cost effective

All the clubs could make it available to download on their sites with a special e mail box to send them to that's actively monitored and make the following redundant

BigJohnD   
Thu Oct 01 2009, 01:45pm

Simples!
ChrisKnott   
Thu Nov 12 2009, 05:05am
We’re pleased to announce the launch of Chris Knott Breakdown Cover to our car club/forum partners.

This high-quality, reliable cover is a fraction of the cost of RAC or AA cover and offers more benefits.

The price for full UK breakdown cover is £54.50 and major benefits include:
• Mechanical breakdown cover
• Recovery home or original destination if repairs cannot be carried out at roadside
• Accident or vandalism cover
• Fire, theft or attempted theft cover
• Flat battery, loss or breakage of keys cover
• Lack of fuel cover
• Accidental damage to tyres cover including punctures for motorcycles
• SMS text messaging service to mobile phone callers advising them of ETA of our operator
All the above benefits are available under the "Home Start" cover if the breakdown occurs at the Customer's home.

Please see - Click Here - for full details.

Cover is available at your breakdown renewal or to run in-line with your Chris Knott car insurance renewal date, and is underwritten by Brit Insurance Ltd.
Magistrate   
Mon Jun 21 2010, 03:30am
Member No: #1731
Ive just renewed my car insurance with Chris Knott. £220 including accident management, NCB protection and guaranteed hire car. I spent an hour over the weekend attempting to find a lower price, even Direct Line with their offer of free days insurance were £60 dearer. For me, they offer amazing value...being a wrinkly has its advantages.
ChrisKnott   
Thu Sep 02 2010, 07:22am
I just thought I’d try and explain a little more about the insurer’s decision to amend the criteria for our insurance scheme. Please believe me when I say that we would love to insure everybody and I’ve enjoyed reading people’s feedback when they talk of our prices, customer service, claims handling, etc. However, the insurers have been hit hard this year and when trying to find out why, they have discovered that, in general, there are certain elements which are causing the problems. Hence the reason to only accept modifications with cosmetic changes and modded bhp increases of no more than 20bhp.

Also people must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed, no more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver and minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover.

It seems that people outside of this criteria are losing money big-time for the insurers though of course this is a generalisation as they understand not everyone claims in these ‘areas’. It’s just that once bitten, twice shy.

May I reiterate that it’s not us who have made this decision but the insurers.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Nov 18 2010, 07:17am

Member No: #1
Middleman wrote ...

Could you post a full list of postcode areas you are not willing to insure ? As I believe that would be of help to other members and minimise ' awkward phone calls ' etc

Cheers

It is actually listed on the relevant page here: - Click Here -

Saving applies to new policies for named drivers and is subject to individual circumstances including restrictions on claims/convictions and occupations. Excludes all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and Northern Ireland.

Don't know how clearer it needs to be?
ChrisKnott   
Fri Dec 17 2010, 04:47am
Hi
There has been a lot of talk about people being charged for putting winter tyres on their cars.

Can I just say to save any uncertainty we will not charge for anyone doing this though you do have to notify us if you add them?

May I also wish you all a very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year.
1 User said Thank You to ChrisKnott for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (17 Dec 2010 : 04:53)
ChrisKnott   
Mon Apr 04 2011, 05:33am
The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to e mail icon with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.
ChrisKnott   
Mon Jul 13 2015, 07:28am
We do a little bit of motorhome. Please do call in.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member