or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

Coupe rear side window blinds

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
al   
Wed Sep 05 2007, 10:27am
Hi guys, anyone fitted the side window blinds? If so was it easy, do they do the job and how do they look from the outside? Seen pictures online but the not that good. Any help much appreciated before I spend my cash
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Sep 05 2007, 10:52am

Member No: #1
I have them on the Hatch - 5 minutes per side to fit - no screws, nada. Just clips onto the door frame behind the rubber seals

The cartridge looks part of the door and nicely finished

Will post a couple of pics when I get time
al   
Wed Sep 05 2007, 10:56am
Thanks Dave look forward to seeing the pics
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Sep 06 2007, 02:06pm

Here they are from the inside - it's difficult to see from the outside because of the relection from the glass - click the images for a closer look

I fitted them to stop people seeing what I have in the back seat - have a rear one on as well - on the side blinds the 'cassette' is shaped and fitted into the frame and looks part of the door once their on

[shadowbox=http://c4owners.org/images/c4/parts/blind_fit.jpg|Rear Blinds fitted - Roller Cassette end||][/shadowbox] [shadowbox=http://c4owners.org/images/c4/parts/blind_fit1.jpg|Rear Blinds fitted - catch end||][/shadowbox]
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 jcs (11 May 2015 : 08:26)
flat2themat   
Thu Sep 06 2007, 02:21pm
From the photographs it looks like the blind does not cover all the window and leaves a gap at the top, would tinting not be a far better option?
NotFrench   
Wed Mar 19 2008, 05:11pm
Member No: #86
Yeah, I bought a pair for my black coupe in Italy, where I really need them to keep the sun off the kids in the back seat. The aircon don't reach that far. I think they look great. But we have REALLY bright sunlight here in Italy nearly 300 days a year, so after two years, the shades have faded to pale grey. (see two pics attached from about a year ago

This shows the side I always park in the sun, and as you can see, it's already begun to fade). But I will reverse them this summer and in two years time after they've faded again on that side, I will lightly spray them with a can of matt black paint to refresh the black.

WELL worth purchasing them, and quite easy to fit. They spring into place. However, out of the box, they don't always fit the shape of the winodw perfectly so you may have to VERY GENTLY and subtly bend the springy metal frames of the shades to make them follow the outline of your windows better. Also, after time, they slide down out of position sometimes, so you have to experiment with the placement of the little plastic mounting clips the shades come with to get them to stay in place correctly.

Takes a bit of trial and error over a period of the first few weeks, but eventually you'll get it right, and I think they look really cool, almost like tinted windows. Sitting inside, back seat passengers also get a measure of privacy from them, they also soften the internal acoustics and it feels a bit like being in a little limo, all soft and dark.

BigJohnD   
Wed Mar 19 2008, 05:36pm

Member No: #82
Hello, NotFrench, and nice to read your first posting! A good report on blinds.

I just wish it was sunny enough here to warrant blinds. Spare wiper blades make more sense.
NotFrench   
Tue May 06 2008, 08:47am
Member No: #86
Thanks BigJohn. I'm from Lincs, and I have to say, I do get a laugh looking at some of the UK owners photos on this site, C4's covered in frost, snow, mud and condensation etc. I don't miss those days. But the problem here in Italy is dust, because the climate is so dry. (by the way, what's a wiper blade? ha ha!) Even after washing and bulling my black coupe, after only twenty minutes there's always a thin film of brown dust starting to coat it - Keeping it shiny is a losing battle. In fact washing and polishing it without smears is a hard task because the sun bakes the suds dry in seconds. On Saturdays i always have to get up early to wash the car before the sun comes up over the shadow cast by the garden wall. After eight, it's too late.
BigJohnD   
Tue May 06 2008, 12:34pm

Member No: #82
At least it was 24°C here today (but raining heavily two days ago)
Ham   
Tue May 06 2008, 01:47pm

Member No: #69
NotFrench wrote ...

In fact washing and polishing it without smears is a hard task because the sun bakes the suds dry in seconds.

i know its a pain but try washing a panel at a time, and try Poorboys world class polish and Poorboys nattys blue wax on the top of the polish, as you can apply them in direct sunlight and to a hot panel. Also the wax can be applied to a wet car too (rinsed off after washing) with great results
C4 PALLAS   
Wed May 07 2008, 12:53pm
c4owner wrote ...

I have them on the Hatch - 5 minutes per side to fit - no screws, nada. Just clips onto the door frame behind the rubber seals.

The cartridge looks part of the door and nicely finished

Will post a couple of pics when I get time

These are the 9459.93 from the Citroen accessory catalogue, right?

Just ordered them today hoping that I will not have to drill any holes for installation as you stated
giorgos3   
Sat Jul 24 2010, 11:45am
Member No: #8996
for what is worth, since this thread is old... I bought the blinds, side and rear, for my Coupe. Just wanted to inform that for the Coupe, neither the side or the rear are retractable. For this reason I cannot justify their price, although dealer 1 gave me a good price compared to online at around £50 for the rear and £50 for the side ones.

george
giorgos3   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 11:18am
Maybe a bit late for the auction but I have spotted these on ebay ( - Click Here - ), a bargain at that price. I asked the seller a couple of questions and he informed me that they are not Genuine Citroen Sccessory but they are made from a company called vanstyle based in the UK ( - Click Here - ).
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 11:23am

They may be cheaper but no where near the quality of Citroen originals.

OEM Citroen ones are in a 'cassette' that clips to the frame for the Hatch and means the blinds can be opened/closed at will or removed completely in seconds to sell on

Kids in the rear especially like to see out and prefer them open in my experience
giorgos3   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 11:57am
I have the Coupe ones fitted on mine, great quality indeed, but the side ones don't fit perfectly. It's a shame that for the Coupe are not retractable, I was pretty dissappointed, especially for their price.

If I didn't have them already fitted, I would give the ebay ones a go.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member