or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

New 110 VTR+ with EGS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Cornish   
Sat Mar 31 2007, 01:44pm
At last. Took delivery yesterday of my new Citroen C4 Hatch. So far I am delighted.
Because of disability I've been tied to automatics in the past, along with the lack of power and low mpg compared to manual models.

I'm no boy racer, but my previous Scenic 1.6 would only return between 30 and 32 mpg around the roads of Cornwall. Covered about 120 miles so far on same roads and the C4 display is reading 51.3 mpg.
laug!

Think I will gradually move over to paddle control as the delay between gears is a tad frustrating when in full auto mode. That is not a criticism of the EGS system, just an observation.

Seems to be bags of power from the HDI, with little fuss. Finding myself entering bends faster than I am used to, but coming out the other side OK. crosi!

So to sum up, one extremely happy owner. A wonderful car.

Phil
Ham   
Sat Mar 31 2007, 02:31pm

Member No: #69
well welcome to the forum and post some pictures
Bill   
Sat Mar 31 2007, 03:24pm
Member No: #9
delay between gears is a tad frustrating when in full auto mode

Welcome. You can switch to "sport" mode in full auto which speeds the gear changes up a bit... Although I have to agree with you, after 3k miles I prefer the paddles now.
jeremytaylor   
Wed Apr 18 2007, 02:57am
I find the Sport mode on the EGS a bit too sharp. Standard paddle change is my preferred way of swapping cogs - but it's nice to have the choice.
Cornish   
Fri Jun 08 2007, 05:28am
Latest update

Just coming up to the 2000 miles now and still delighted with the car.

No problems / rattles etc encountered whatsoever and mpg now about 53 to 54 around Cornwall.

The 2000 miles have also included a couple trips up and down the motorway ( averaged 55 mpg). It really comes into its own then - effortless cruising car.

Phil

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member