or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

TPMS sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bimmer49   
Tue Jan 31 2023, 11:35am
Member No: #60002
I'm due for some new front tyres before test in March.
I have the "tyre pressures not monitored" warning coming up (and going off) on the dash.
My Foxwell NT630 can interrogate the TMPS operation. It tells me one sensor has no signal (flat battery?) and another is on low power.
The Foxwell also seems to have the capability of programming new wheel sensors to the car (sensor I.D.)
If I look on FleaBay there seems to be various makes and designs for my car (2008 GP Exclusive).
Is it a case of take the tyre off and look?
Farmerguy   
Wed Feb 01 2023, 12:59pm
Member No: #59597
You cant get info from the scanner about the frequency they use? I beleive that is the main difference. ?
But yes if you have extra wheel taking the tire of then you can see exact type.
bimmer49   
Thu Feb 02 2023, 11:07am
Member No: #60002
Ive seen videos on U-Tube advocating the breaking of the bead and extracting the valve/TPMS to replace the battery.
I will probably have a go well before the test. Its finding a battery with tags could be an issue.
Cheers.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member