or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

How do I look-up my correct engine code?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
rocknrollmouse   
Sun Nov 20 2022, 07:25am
Member No: #60263
How do I look-up my correct engine code?

I have a diesel C4 Picasso on a '59 plate.

From reading this site and my VIN code, I know I have a RHJ
From my Registration doc I know it is 1997cc and 100kW

I can't see where I find out if I've the 138 or 150HP version.

From ebay (not 100% happy with this as a technical identification), I appear to have a DW10BTED4 - but I'd like to be able to verify this.

All this is necessary as I need to replace my engine (due to water damage), and need to ensure I'm buying a correct 'drop in' engine.
tomandjo2   
Sun Nov 20 2022, 02:20pm
Member No: #20851
YOu could phone your local Citroen dealer who I'm sure would be able to identify what engine you have from your reg number and or vin number.
routemaster1   
Mon Nov 21 2022, 02:21am
Member No: #574
If the car has an EGS box, it is almost certainly 138bhp. The EGS box was right on the upper torque limit with the 2.0HDi. The power, IIRC, didn't go up to 150bhp until the facelift version (curvy chevronds, no yellow indicator plastic in headlights, DRLs) came in late 2010.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member