or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Citroen Technical Service Bulletin

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
seefourpio   
Tue Aug 30 2022, 09:04am
Member No: #59742
Hi,

Does anyone know a way to get hold of Citroen TSBs?

Specifically, I have a Grand C4 Picasso (65) with the creaky rear axle (sounds like old bed springs).

I believe there is a TSB relating to it (TSB B3DW010CQ0) where a resin is squrited into the axle, but I can't find any details anywhere.

Thanks,
Richard_C   
Tue Aug 30 2022, 10:03am
Member No: #46470
I think Citroen keep TSBs fairly secret, after all why give the customer information they might use to get problems fixed.

There have been a few squeaky axle posts in the relevant bit of the forum - there might be an answer. This bit says "pre 2013 only" at the top.

Planetecitroen forum might have something, far more active than this one but its all in French.

1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 seefourpio (30 Aug 2022 : 16:01)
bluehdi   
Tue Aug 30 2022, 02:48pm
Member No: #2617
I’ve got many TSB’s for the 2014 Grand Picasso. I’m sure it includes the axle issue. I’ll have a look.
bluehdi   
Tue Aug 30 2022, 02:53pm
Have you searched on the forum:

- Click Here -

I remember posting the contents of the TSB in this post. It was the first fix which was very costly. I think the expanding foam solution came along a bit later
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 seefourpio (30 Aug 2022 : 15:48)
seefourpio   
Tue Aug 30 2022, 04:00pm
Thanks for the replies.

Apologies - I have indeed started this in the pre-2013 section by mistake.

I saw the other posts in the forum that mentioned the replacement axle and then the resin fixes - but I was wondering if it was possible to get hold of the specfic detail of the repair.

I'm loathed to go to Citroen for the repair - but suspect I may have to as it's a rather specific and unsual fix.

bluehdi   
Tue Aug 30 2022, 04:53pm
I have the TSB but it doesn’t tell you any more than that stated in my link I listed earlier.

If you PM me your email address I can send it to you.

The 4.5 hour fix on the TSB to replace the axle, was likely replaced by the expanding foam method, to keep costs and labour down.
bluehdi   
Fri Sep 02 2022, 03:30pm
If it helps I can put you in touch with my local family run official Citroen dealer. They will I'm sure be able to advise you what they suggest.

They stopped selling new Citroen's a few years back, but remain an official Citroen dealer for service/warranty. I continue to use them for all garage work as I trust them. Their labour rate is cheap as well!
seefourpio   
Mon Sep 12 2022, 08:23am
Thanks Bluehdi.

That would be really useful. I'd much rather find a good independent garage if possible. I'll PM you my email.

avionista   
Mon Sep 19 2022, 07:38am
Member No: #36250
The TSB you need is B3DW0105Q0 Version 29 of 03/04/2021. The TSB tells you where to drill holes at either side of the rear axle into which you inject Dinitrol expanding foam. Dinitrol for this job is advertised on Ebay. The kit I bought included two small rubber bungs to seal the holes drilled into the axle. When I did this fix on my 66 plate car a lot of surplus green expanding foam came out of my rear axle, especially at the nearside, which you are instructed to do first. After cleaning away the surplus foam and inserting the rubber bungs I sprayed the disturbed area of the axle with black stone chip paint. I refitted the rear wheels after leaving the foam to set for 4.5 hours. Since doing this fix in 2019 my rear axle is silent, no more 'tinkling' noises when reversing over bumps.

If you Google "Dinitrol expanding foam" you will find ads for the stuff needed for this job. The following link contains pictures of where the axle needs to be drilled:

https://www.lemondedudiagauto.com/t19966-bruit-de-grincement-a-l-arriere-en-tournent-ou-pendant-les-manoeuvres

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member