or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Stopped by police

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bluetntmo   
Mon Aug 22 2022, 06:23am
Member No: #49673
Hi while returning from North Wales we were pulled over for a caravan safety check. All passed BUT he said your sidelights are not coming on, as its daylight I'll let you go and you need to get them fixed. We'll I have looked and can find no fuse for the side lights the bulbs are both OK. They just slot into a plastic holder that turns to un/lock and no wires come out of it. I have DRL on my C4 2013 picasso is he having me on?
routemaster1   
Mon Aug 22 2022, 09:26am
Member No: #574
The DRLs act as sidelights on a 2013 C4 Picasso. Citroen fitted sidelights on the C4P from the start to the facelift in 2010 or 2011. These cars have straight edged Citroen chevrons. On later cars with curved edge chevrons Citroen saved money by fitting identical light units (apart from the indicator part being clear rather than yellow, and retained the sidelight holders including the bulbs, but the bulbs were never connected. Unfortunately the police that stopped you appear to know little about Citroen lights. This was a common subject on this forum about 10 years ago.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 BigJohnD (23 Aug 2022 : 10:51)
vexorg   
Mon Aug 22 2022, 09:28am
Member No: #48843
What car do you have exactly?
The sidelights on the DS4 are always on with auto setting. They are the weird boomerang shaped ones around the fog lights.
DeuxChevaux   
Mon Aug 22 2022, 10:54am
Member No: #16472
David - different on 2015 but same shape DS4. Sidelights are the boomerang LED things and DRLs are in with the headlamp assembly and use conventional bulbs. Sidelights only come on if you switch them on or auto setting turns them on (with headlamps) but in either case DRL goes out and LED boomerang comes on.

You couldn't make it up could you?!
neilp   
Mon Aug 22 2022, 11:32am
Member No: #3384
My DS4 only has front DRL and when set to auto (all the time) rear sidelights and headlight come on. (when it gets dark)
Never checked them manually but I must assume the MOT does as the lights are set to off after an MOT.
routemaster1   
Mon Aug 22 2022, 01:37pm
Member No: #574
Apologies. Duplicate post.
bluetntmo   
Mon Aug 22 2022, 05:06pm
Member No: #49673
Thanks all thought my sidelights were non existent as when I press the middle light check on the fob they have never come on

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member