or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

No heaters blowing. C4 Grand Picasso 2010. Resistor pack changed. still fault ???

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Benb1978   
Fri Aug 12 2022, 11:21am
Member No: #57640
Hi all. My wife's car!
Dash switches for fans work light up. 1 to 4.
Had the motor out from under steering wheel. Has the resistor pack 2 screws 3 connection plugs. Removed replaced with new. Still no blower.s
My next fault find. Im going to remove the fan and its housing again. Remove positive off the battery. Get 2 manual wires from a kettle lead etc. Put one to positive on battery. Put other to negative. Then put them directly to the 2 only pins on this heater motor. Presuming the fan is 12v dc?
If that spins, its not my fan. Will update post on that test.
Now i have found a 5amp fuse that is the only thing related to heaters in the handbook. They call it heater RELAY 5a fuse. I have swapped fuse out its ok. I am going to remove the fuse see if i get 12v at its fusebox pins (located on fuse board right of battery) i presume ?? This fuse then runs the 12v to the heater RELAY??? IM WONDERING IF THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THIS RELAY BUT GOD KNOWS WHERE I FIND IT??
i get no dc voltage at all from the in voltage (grey) connector plug 2 pins that plugs in to the resistor pack. The resistor pack then has a plug fed to the fan.
Wondering if the relay is knackered. My Mrs said it was intermittent. For few months tyen stoped completely

Any idea.s or help would be great
Farmerguy   
Sun Aug 14 2022, 01:45am
Member No: #59597
I have had a similar issue, though not testet voltages, ours was a bit noisy, then when we was going to drive home with a newborn, in the rain, it didn't work at all.

When i came home, i found the motor, then it have a plug at end of motor, and sprayed it like crazy with WD-40 and others oils, it then came to life, and i sprayed and sprayed until it came out "clean". It have not been an issue since.

The test stand by putting blower to direct power on a battery is good test to see if motor works.

I believe the resistor is the controls for the blower? Anyone have looked through diagrams on that?

Have you had a tester on it?
1 User said Thank You to Farmerguy for this Post :
 Benb1978 (16 Aug 2022 : 11:52)
Benb1978   
Tue Aug 16 2022, 12:02pm
Hi Martin,

Today i went to the scrap yard. Fair play he said. Take the motor & resistance pack off my picasso over there. Fit it to yours see what happens....
Fitted it. Still fault. No fan turning.
We then put 12v to his fan 2 pins and it fired up
We then taken my mrs fan motor out the car and put 12v to that. It fired up..

So i now know the resistor pack is not at fault. I bought new and tried.
I now know the fan motor actually works.
I then tested if im getting 12v from the grey 2pin connector which is the live feed to the resistor pack the motor then plugs in to resistor pack

So. My 5amp relay heater fuse next to battery is ok. I get 12v going through that. So im wondering do they HAVE A RELAY after the fuse board to then gove the 12v ???

Or am my barking up the wrong tree? Ive had the fan switch dash programmer off and unplugged and re.connected it. Even though the 1 to 4 lights come on on it (is that dodgy and supposed to send my 12v)?
Without a wiring diagram for this car im screwed with this fault.
Benb1978   
Tue Aug 16 2022, 12:06pm
Benb1978 wrote ...

Hi Martin,

Today i went to the scrap yard. Fair play he said. Take the motor & resistance pack off my picasso over there. Fit it to yours see what happens....
Fitted it. Still fault. No fan turning.
We then put 12v to his fan 2 pins and it fired up
We then taken my mrs fan motor out the car and put 12v to that. It fired up..

So i now know the resistor pack is not at fault. I bought new and tried.
I now know the fan motor actually works.

I then tested if im getting 12v from the grey 2pin connector which is the live feed to the resistor pack the motor then plugs in to resistor pack. I GET NO VOLTAGE

So. My 5amp relay heater fuse next to battery is ok. I get 12v going through that. So im wondering do they HAVE A RELAY after the fuse board to then give the 12v ???

Or am my barking up the wrong tree? Ive had the fan switch dash programmer off and unplugged and re.connected it. Even though the 1 to 4 lights come on on it (is that dodgy and supposed to send my 12v)?
Without a wiring diagram for this car im screwed with this fault.

Farmerguy   
Wed Aug 17 2022, 05:39pm
Member No: #59597
Do the light and picture come on at the heater control unit in the dash?
I will need to look at my RTA manual to see what they have on it, i would imagine the control was a solid state relay in the resistor which is controlled over the can bus, but i will need to look at the schematics. Did you have a tester on it?
Did you check the ground? And that it actually is grounded to the car?

JoaWe   
Sun Aug 21 2022, 04:47am
Member No: #3494
I had problems with my fan (motor issue) it would sometimes work, like when testing it on it's own.If i hit it when it was supposed to be on it worked, if i drove over a bump in the road it would go on but most of the time not. So bought a new fan that always work. It might be a faulty coil in yours still?
1 User said Thank You to JoaWe for this Post :
 Benb1978 (24 Aug 2022 : 14:03)
Benb1978   
Wed Aug 24 2022, 02:05pm
Farmerguy wrote ...

Do the light and picture come on at the heater control unit in the dash?
I will need to look at my RTA manual to see what they have on it, i would imagine the control was a solid state relay in the resistor which is controlled over the can bus, but i will need to look at the schematics. Did you have a tester on it?
Did you check the ground? And that it actually is grounded to the car?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member