or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

loss of power

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Bakedbybake   
Sun May 29 2022, 02:57pm
Member No: #59740
Hi all, I'm new as of today. Just bought a 2008 C4 grand Picasso after 16 years with a Toyota Estima 8 seater. Hoping the C4 will give me a year's worth of motoring before I splash out on something newer.
The problem, is the car seems to have a huge flat spot in power, usually when approaching a roundabout or similar. e.g you've plodded along and gear down then when you touch the accelerator 'nothing' as if it is flooded with fuel or similar.
I've given it a full service and replaced the coil pack but no change. I've removed and cleaned a few sensors but no change.
it's the 1.8ltr 2008. just looking for ideas before I start pulling everything from the car.
tomandjo2   
Sun Jun 12 2022, 06:02am
Member No: #20851
If EGS gearbox sometimes there can be a HUGE (and sometimes dangerously long) delay before car will apply power because the ecu is thinking about what gear it's supposed to be in.
Ap0qalypto   
Sun Jun 12 2022, 11:42am
Member No: #52161
On my EGS, if you floor it, gearbox will shift fown if you are in higher gear, to give you enough power. I usually gear down before over taking to have more control.
Farmerguy   
Sun Jun 12 2022, 02:23pm
Member No: #59597
What is the time delay aprox?
Is it only at low rpm or also higher rpm?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member