or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

C4 Picasso seems to slip when accelerating and engine fault light comes on.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Razor1967   
Fri Apr 15 2022, 10:45am
Member No: #12728
Hi there !

I have a 65 plate C4 Picasso Exclusive and twice in the last year this problem has occurred randomly.

I am in 6th gear on a dual carriageway at about 60mph when the car wheels almost seem to slip and the car lurches. The ABS/ASR fault light comes on along with the engine fault light stating car needs to be repaired. The car then judders along at about 30mph maximum and luckliy both times I have made into a parking site at the side of the road. I turn off the engine and if I wait about 2 minutes and start the car all the faults lights go out and the car is fine again.

If I start the car within 2 minutes the faults lights comes on again but the car drives normally. I am no expert at all and am wondering if it ould be a timing belt issue or is it something else altogether. Like I said it has happened twice in the last 12 months but at all other times it has ran fine. Anyone got any ideas what the the problem could be. The car has only done 30,800 miles so not sure if the timing belt should be a problem yet.

We are due to take the car in June on a 7 hour round trip on holiday, which involves a lot of motorway driving and am concerned about it happening again. I do intend to take to take the car into the garage but don't want to be ripped off so a bit of knowledge to forearm me would be useful !!
Richard_C   
Fri Apr 15 2022, 12:36pm
Member No: #46470
Auto or manual? Unlikely to be timing belt, that would have different symptoms.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 Razor1967 (15 Apr 2022 : 15:19)
Ap0qalypto   
Fri Apr 15 2022, 02:07pm
Member No: #52161
Faulty anti-roll sensor?
1 User said Thank You to Ap0qalypto for this Post :
 Razor1967 (15 Apr 2022 : 15:19)
Razor1967   
Fri Apr 15 2022, 03:24pm
Its a manual car.

Would something as minor as an anti-roll sensor failure cause the car to decelerate and judder along at 30mph afterwards. After all it would be pretty dangerous if it happened on a busy motorway and I had to try and get to the hard shoulder safely without been hit by fast moving cars.
Ap0qalypto   
Fri Apr 15 2022, 03:39pm
Member No: #52161
My best guess is to check faults with Lexia/Dialbox.
Razor1967   
Thu May 05 2022, 04:02pm
Just an update for everybody. Took it into the garage for a diagnostic check and it threw up 2 seperate faults. Fuel injector 4 showed faulty and was replaced for £250 including labour. The second fault which I wasnt aware of, it also showed a radiator fan resistor fault. This was replaced with labour for £154.17 The diagnostic test cost £33.

So with VAT it has cost me £525.The car only had the loss of power/wheelslip twice in the last 12 months, but best to get it replaced as I will be taking it on an 8 hour round trip on holiday next month and cannot risk it going again and going into "crawl" mode on a busy motorway.

I am no car expert at all, but not sure if the resisitor should have cost that much as they seem to appear quite cheap online. However I took it to an independant garage and they said they had to get the part from the Citroen garage, no doubt at a heavy mark up.

Looks like I am keeping the car for another couple of years to get my moneys worth out of the repairs !!!
Farmerguy   
Thu May 05 2022, 04:21pm
Member No: #59597
Hi well yes a injector not firing could feel like the car looses power and judder as it now becomes unbalanced because it uses only three cylinders.
Sometimes as with magnetic valves when they go bad and get hot enough after some use, they get faulty, then when cool down they start to function again.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member