or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

New Battery fitted now I have faults on my 2015/16 GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wunny   
Tue Feb 15 2022, 11:18am
Member No: #42824
Had a new battery fitted and now the Service lamp is permanently on and won't reset. Audible warning sound and message 'Check the direction indicator lights.'

All the normal indicators work OK, but the lamp clusters in the rear bumper, don't work when the tailgate is up and the lights are on.

Seems to be the same as this thread from 2020, but no one responded to his request for advice.

- Click Here -

I'm taking it back to where the battery was fitted, but they are not auto electricians, so I don't expect them to be able to find the fault.

Any suggestions?
Richard_C   
Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:21pm
Member No: #46470
long shot but worth a try because its free ....

We tend to focus on the + side of things, but on other cars I've had random warnings if the negative has resistance in it. Normally the battery -ve will connect via a big bolt to the car body nearby - inner wing or bulkhead - and to a chunky bit of engine or gearbox often near the starter motor. If either has been disturbed during battery change you might get resistance/voltage drop with low current loads. Have a look at the 'wrong ends' of the negative lead and see if anything is loose or wet. I suspect its fairly easy to disturb the short lead to the bodywork when you get the old battery out. Lights warnings point to resistance in the bodywork to battery bit.

First step has to be to ask the fitters of course.

1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 wunny (15 Feb 2022 : 12:22)
wunny   
Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:42pm
As the other thread said that he checked with the My Citroen app, so I did this too and got:

Faulty indicator lights (Rear Right)

Faulty side marker lights (Front right)

All lights are working. So it could well be a dodgy earth as suggested by Richard_C. Will report back.
wunny   
Mon Feb 21 2022, 11:34am
Well it's in and so far it has been diagnosed with a faulty fuse box. One on order for tomorrow.

Faults were put on diagnostics and they all cleared and came back again. They don't know if the fuse box will fix the bumper lights, in fact it seems they were unaware that they even existed!!

More news tomorrow, in the meanwhile I have one of their C3's. They couldn't find the first one they allocated to me. I'm not keen on the C3, as I have to sit in the door sill to enable me to get in it, due to spine and neck movement issues. I haven't yet found another Citroen or Pug that I can access with ease.
wunny   
Tue Feb 22 2022, 12:03pm
Fuse box replaced covered by extended warranty, else it would have bee £291.27 plus labour and VAT.

All lights now working and all faults deleted from My Citroen App.

They noticed a CV boot had split. Quoted £184.43 to replace. Local garage £40 plus the cost of the boot - Guess where I'm booked in!?!?

Antifreeze replacement: just a mere £85 - really?
wunny   
Wed Feb 23 2022, 01:04pm
Talking to people in the motor trade about the fuse box, it seems that they are prone to failing. Jump leads sparking on connection can cause the box to fail and even take out the ECU.

That's something I wasn't aware could happen.

Careful what and how you connect to the battery folks!
Ap0qalypto   
Wed Feb 23 2022, 04:21pm
Member No: #52161
My fusebox failed due to water that entered engine bay. On the other hand, somebody glue it so we weren't able to open it. Before that I charged battery numerous times with taking positive connection from battery. Each time it would give a spark on connection, never had a problem because of that. But there is something good from changing fusebox, washing pump its now working . Anyway, since changing fusebox I didn't charge battery with charger.
1 User said Thank You to Ap0qalypto for this Post :
 wunny (23 Feb 2022 : 22:48)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member