or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

DPF System problem - fuel consumption accelerated.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
AmandaWinters   
Fri Feb 04 2022, 11:23am
Member No: #53050
I have a warning on my dashboard about the DPF system and the fuel consumption has gone crazy! It seems to have tripled since the warning popped up.

The gearbox is in desperate need of calibration, but I don't imagine that being related.

Any ideas what might be wrong and what I can do to fix it, please?
Thanks in advance!
tomandjo2   
Sun Feb 06 2022, 08:10am
Member No: #20851
Is DPF showing as blocked? if so get car to full temperature then go for a drive where you can maintain a constant speed with minimal acceleration and deceleration (aprox 50mph for 15 to 20mins after warm up)

Fuel consumption - are you actually putting more fuel in or is the indacted fuel economy low?

Gearbox - Judder at take of? if so sort sooner rather than later as it will shorten the life of the dual mass flywheel and that's VERY expensive to replace. a well know method (not tried it myself) is a hard reset option, stop somewhere you can accelreate hard in a straight line From staionary in 'A' plant your foot to the floor to 3rd gear and that's it!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member