or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Hill assist fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
pipski1976   
Thu Jan 27 2022, 04:58am
Member No: #59363
Good morning, I was wondering if anyone could help me maybe shed some light on a problem I have ,
The car is being very temperamental, I start the car up Put it into drive and it stalls, I repeat this again and she stalls , tried in reverse , the same thing.
Yet on another day I can get in and drive with no problems.
Last night on a slight hill the car stalled 18 times. I took the key out put it back in and she started and drove like nothing has happened.
I've been told its the hill assist to the gear box.
So my question is..has anyone else experienced this.

2011 c4 picasso 1.6 auto 130000 on the clock
Richard_C   
Thu Jan 27 2022, 08:58am
Member No: #46470
You might get more help in the pre 2013 Picasso forum above.
Ap0qalypto   
Thu Jan 27 2022, 11:54am
Member No: #52161
Hill assist is controlled by ABS, ABS is holding car for a few seconds. From your description I assume it is automatic or semi-automatic. Please provide more information, do you get any error on dashboard?
routemaster1   
Thu Jan 27 2022, 12:56pm
Member No: #574
Ap0qalypto wrote ...

Hill assist is controlled by ABS, ABS is holding car for a few seconds. From your description I assume it is automatic or semi-automatic. Please provide more information, do you get any error on dashboard?

It is EGS, not double clutch. Citroen never used DSG, 1.6 HDi didn't have full auto until ~2016.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member