or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

C4 picasso repaint AC control and central RT5 plastic

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Ap0qalypto   
Thu Nov 11 2021, 03:59am
Member No: #52161
Few months ago, I was fed up with plastic around radio and AC controls on both sides. They were very sticky, and had some paint removed. Main problem for me in the whole process, were buttons for lock/unlock and ESP since they have white letters on them which I couldn't replaced or respray. Luckily, I was able to clean them, and removed sticky layer and then gave them 3 coats of matt clear coat. Anyway, I first removed RT5, then there are two screws on each side (inside). Then it was just pulling the entire thing outside
Once I finished that, I went to local paint store, and they made a can of paint, very close to original color but a bit more darker. Since the sample plastic was very dirty and worn-out, we couldn't 100% match the paint. After that, I used acetone to remove sticky part, where the paint was also removed, I continued doing until I reach plastic. Frontal "door" were hardest to remove and to assemble again. Anyway, I gave it 2x primer, 3x paint and 3x clear matt coat. I didn't sand it in-between, and I am very happy with a results. After that, I did the same procedure for plastic around AC controls. They were very tricky to remove, and unbelievably dirty and sticky. Here are the pictures before/after. Look way to better now

- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member