or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Strange intermittent service fault / eco mode issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Knotty   
Mon Oct 11 2021, 06:48am
Member No: #52722
I have the 2014 GP 1.6 TD

I've had an issue for the last few months or so that I can't for the life of me get to the bottom of. I don't have the diagnostic cable/software but I'm looking for ideas.

Primary issue: service light and eco mode fault flashes up intermittently, usually when braking and returns to normal after a few seconds.
Secondary issues:
Cruise control may stop working for a period of time OR cut out randomly on motorways when trying to increase the speed by more than 5mph using cruise control buttons.
Similarly on motorways I've noticed pressing the accelerator to the floor can cause slightly higher revs with no speed increase for a second or two (like clutch slip, but the clutch seems fine, no slip during pulling away etc)

The accelerator pedal may not work straight away when pulling out of junctions just after stopping. (sometimes it can be 7-8 presses before it kicks into life)

It's possible there is more than 1 issue here but I feel like it may all be related, I had it into the dealer while it was still under buyers warranty as I noticed the cruise control cutting out when increasing speed but they couldn't replicate it on the test run.

Any ideas or advice would be good as I'm reluctant to put it back to the dealer when they charge £70 just to look at it and they were useless while it was under warranty.
proinnsias   
Tue Oct 12 2021, 06:07am
Member No: #43821
Depending on if it's manual or automatic - I'd be checking the function of the clutch / brake switches .. as they'd give many (maybe not all though) of the symptoms ...
That, or check the state of charge of your battery, if it's original it's possibly on its' last legs.
Flashing ECO just means the conditions for using stop-start haven't been met (low battery charge, not stopped in neutral with clutch-out for manuals etc)
Cruise is interrupted by brake/clutch switches as a safety mechanism - so a faulty switch there could cause that
1 User said Thank You to proinnsias for this Post :
 Knotty (15 Oct 2021 : 16:49)
tomandjo2   
Wed Oct 13 2021, 11:27am
Member No: #20851
Battery is first thing I'd look at, check voltage with engine off.
1 User said Thank You to tomandjo2 for this Post :
 Knotty (15 Oct 2021 : 16:49)
Knotty   
Fri Oct 15 2021, 04:49pm
Member No: #52722
Thanks, battery was replaced under buyer warranty so and I suspect the brake/clutch switches could be a good starting point from that respect but I'll check the voltage while I'm at it.

I'll come back with updates if I'm getting nowhere

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member