or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Particle filter additive....

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tomaskriv   
Fri Oct 08 2021, 07:13am
Member No: #54131
Hello all.
We have 2014 GP 1.6 diesel. Week ago gor message on screen "Particle filter level low". Ok. Got fluid. Went to garage. They filled the container but cant reset the error message. Mechanic told me that previous owner/garage did not completed reset procedure. Now they tried fe wcomputers and still nothing. I was offered another option to reinstall ecu software if I am correct. Garage did not used Lexia wich I have at home. Is there any way to check/fix this with Lexia?
Can I use the car untill the ecu reset/fix?

Thank you for any information.
vincentfishing   
Fri Oct 08 2021, 11:36am
Member No: #57297
pretty sure that if a reset isnt done fully it comes up as a continuous not completed error, this happened to me when i reset clutch on my egs but didnt bother to complete gearbox recalibration which follows clutch reset,
i think on lexia or diagbox you have to find 'reports'(i think ) when you get them up delete the incomplete report, this will stop error ,this hopefully will allow you to reset dpf counters which i have done on older cars with lexia which hopefully will end your problem,, when i reset dpf additive counters there was a 'how to 'on french car forum or suchlike, sure you will get one for your car if you search.
tomaskriv   
Fri Oct 08 2021, 04:22pm
Thanks for the answer.
Where is that report? Ive used Lexia few times only for programming the keys.
vincentfishing   
Sat Oct 09 2021, 02:36am
Member No: #57297
i just did a quick search on google and came up straightaway with this on a 2007 gp, if its not right for yours ,sure you can find right one quite quicly,
With engine not running but ignition on, open DiagBox, click on ‘REPAIR’. Once it has gone through all systems:

Hightlight 'INJECTION/IGNITION' and click the green 'TICK'

Click ‘PACK REPARATION’

Click ‘AFTER-SALES PARTICULATE EMISSION FILTER REPAIR OPERATION’

When asked ‘IS THE VEHICLE FITTED WITH AN EXTERNAL DIESEL ADDITIVE ADDING ECU?’ Click 'X'

Click ‘REPLACEMENT OF THE PARTICLE EMMISSION FILTER AND WORK ON THE ADDITIVE ADDING CIRCUIT’

Click ‘FUEL ADDITIVE ZERO RESET’

Disconnect diagnostic

Turn ignition off

Open fuel flap

Wait 10 seconds

Close fuel flap

Switch ignition back on and hope for the ‘Low FAP’ warning not to appear.
tomaskriv   
Sat Oct 09 2021, 03:25am
Was googling for hours yesterday. In other cases people say they must enter the amount of fluid used to refill container. Will try your instructions.
Thank you.
tomaskriv   
Sat Oct 09 2021, 05:07am
When asked ‘IS THE VEHICLE FITTED WITH AN EXTERNAL DIESEL ADDITIVE ADDING ECU?’ Click 'X'

This is very confusing.
tomaskriv   
Sun Oct 10 2021, 12:40pm
I have DiagBox 7.57 and I cant find Injection menu....
Datadogie   
Sun Oct 10 2021, 01:26pm
Member No: #58219
I think the original post is for Add Blue. Mine is EOLYS I did as above on Diagbox, also couldn't amount added, Nor a reset button. But my warning has gone, so I'm happy. My plastic pouch was well sucked dry. So was not sure when it actually ran out. I put a bottle of DPF cleaner in the tank then went for a half hour drive third gear 70pmh. After that, found the Forced regeneration in diagbox and did that also.
1 User said Thank You to Datadogie for this Post :
 tomaskriv (10 Oct 2021 : 14:27)
tomaskriv   
Sun Oct 10 2021, 02:28pm
What version of DiagBox dod you used?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member