or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Overfilled tank - won't start

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
toomuchpetrol   
Sun Sep 26 2021, 06:17am
Member No: #58861
I have a C4 SX, 2005 (1.6 petrol engine). Everything worked fine until Friday, when I topped up the nearly full tank with a can of petrol. Now it won't even attempt to start. When I turn the key the usual lights come on but the speedo screen stays blank (it has lit up as normal a few times but goes blank almost straightaway). From what I've managed to find on the 'net, it looks as if I've got neat petrol in the emission control charcoal filter(?). The owners handbook simply warns not to fill up beyond three clicks of the pump because to do so may cause "malfunction". It gives no detail of what kind of malfunction.

Anybody know what's happened and what I can do about it please? I filled it up because I needed to drive 200 miles yesterday and I was worried about the filling station madness, hence wanting enough in the tank to get there and back without topping up. Now I'm stuck with a car as full of petrol as it can be which doesn't work!

To be clear, when I turn the key nothing happens at all - not a click, nothing. I guess it's some sort of computer control thing. I just hope it can be fixed without costing a fortune.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member