or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Changing tyre size on original C4 picasso

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CAndyBil   
Sat Aug 21 2021, 12:04pm
Member No: #42673
Hi guys.

I've noticed that 225/45/17 tyres are way cheaper than 205/55/17 (which is currently fitted to my alloys (7.00j x 17 et5)). Minimum width = 195mm, maximum = 255mm.

There will be a slight reduction in speedo reading (about 2mph), which doesn't really bother me.

I'm wanting to know has anyone increased the width of they're tyres on standard alloys and what tyre did you go for? Much different in steering and road noise?

I had crossclimate plus on my qashqai and they were pretty handy in the winter/snow. But, not sure if I'd go for them again.

wunny   
Sun Aug 29 2021, 02:04pm
Member No: #42824
Just get yourself down to ATS Euromaster

Tigar tyres are owned by Michelin as are ATS I use them and find then just fine

See here
- Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to wunny for this Post :
 CAndyBil (27 Sep 2021 : 11:25)
CAndyBil   
Mon Sep 27 2021, 11:30am
wunny wrote ...

See here
- Click Here -

Never heard of them. But properly intrigued...

I've not done anything with my new tyre purchase. The crossclimate 2 has just been released and toying with the idea of buying 2 this month and 2 in a couple of months time.

But, someone is selling 4 x continental premium contact 6 at 6.5mm tread and are slightly wider and lower profile (215/55).

Leaning towards all season cc2 as winter is round the corner and these tyres are pretty good. Stick with what I know I suppose.
routemaster1   
Mon Sep 27 2021, 01:36pm
Member No: #574
CAndyBil wrote ...

wunny wrote ...

See here
- Click Here -

I've not done anything with my new tyre purchase. The crossclimate 2 has just been released and toying with the idea of buying 2 this month and 2 in a couple of months time.

But, someone is selling 4 x continental premium contact 6 at 6.5mm tread and are slightly wider and lower profile (215/55).

Leaning towards all season cc2 as winter is round the corner and these tyres are pretty good. Stick with what I know I suppose.

I'm not sure is a good plan to but Crossclimates in twos. It would be much better to buy 4 at the same time to avoid large differences in grip.
CAndyBil   
Tue Sep 28 2021, 02:15am
routemaster1 wrote ...

CAndyBil wrote ...

wunny wrote ...

See here
- Click Here -

I'm not sure is a good plan to but Crossclimates in twos. It would be much better to buy 4 at the same time to avoid large differences in grip.

Normally I would be quite wary of having different tyres on the front and rear. But I tried it out on the Qashqai I had, and it made a positive difference to the driving.
At the moment, my rear tyres are much better than the fronts. The front tyres are the super cheap Arnold Clark budget tyres which I will be changing regardless of wear.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member