or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Adblue Pump failure far from home

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Wutang   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 05:31am
Member No: #46858
So just returned from the south of france and on the way down the adblue pump failed (2.0 bluehdi.) this was exciting as with over 2000km of driving to do the car announced that starting would be prevented in 1100KM!

Now i have a warranty on the car and have it booked in to be replaced but thought that It might be useful for others to detail the work around I came up with to reset the starting prevention countdown.

start the engine and then open the lid of the adblue tank (mine is in boot floor.) and then add positive air pressure to the tank I used the small electric inflation pump I have for paddling pools etc, this forces the liquid through the system and temporarily removes the low redactant pressure live code. I then used a cheap generic code reader to clear the fault codes.

restart the engine and all warnings are gone, shortly after starting driving again the emissions control failure will come back up BUT the counter will restart at 1100KM (700 miles.)

This meant I could safely get home as I did not fancy trying to get it fixed in france whilst on holiday.

This might be useful to others if they find themselves in a similar situation.

Richard
1 User said Thank You to Wutang for this Post :
 proinnsias (17 Aug 2021 : 05:47)
routemaster1   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 06:17am
Member No: #574
Odd that it resets to 700 miles. I thought that the alarm went off at 1500 miles.
Wutang   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 09:08am
routemaster1 wrote ...

Odd that it resets to 700 miles. I thought that the alarm went off at 1500 miles.

think that is if you are running out of adblue, if it is not pumping any through it seems to start at 700miles which in my case would have left me stranded about 600 miles from home.
Richard_C   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 10:59am
Member No: #46470
Imaginative solution, thanks.

Interested in the generic code reader, might be useful as my car ages. Is it stand alone or does it need a laptop, and what model is it?
Wutang   
Thu Aug 19 2021, 03:03am
Code reader is just a cheap all in one plug in unit from china, it was a freebie my wife got sent for some reason but it seems fairly reliable. I do have a laptop with diag box / lexia on as a hangover from a former job where i had a fleet of pug and citroen vans but for obvious reasons it stays at home! I will see if I can take a pic of it when I am not at work.
1 User said Thank You to Wutang for this Post :
 Richard_C (23 Aug 2021 : 08:15)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member