or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

C4GP 1.6 VTR+ Adding Electrical bits n pieces

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Oletimer   
Tue Jun 01 2021, 11:23am
Member No: #54905
Hi all,
1st: my VTR+ doesn't have reverse sensors and I'd like to fit a set: how much of a job is it?
2nd: I fancy putting indicator lights into the mirrors, is it possible to get post 2013 mirrors to fit a pre 2013 car? if not, how might I achieve my goal?
3rd: my offside side light doesn't work, the bulb is good so it must be wiring, anyone know if it's a common fault or am I the lucky one:
Any help or suggestions gratefully received, thanks,
George
routemaster1   
Tue Jun 01 2021, 02:08pm
Member No: #574
For 3, test the power and earth with a multimeter. It may be an issue with the bulbholder.
BigJohnD   
Tue Jun 01 2021, 02:41pm

Member No: #82
1. Your best bet for reversing sensors are add-ons which are switched on via a relay triggered by the reversing lights. You will need a power supply, preferably fused, and more than likely from the front of the car. You can locate the small speaker(s) somewhere in the boot.

2. You can probably find the mirrors you need - there are many variations - heated, folding, etc. You may well have the necessary wiring and connectors present as they're often common across the range of trims. However, getting the additional features to work is another story. You might be able to activate them via Lexia but there is a distinct likelihood the car's firmware cannot be altered. You may be lucky but there are no guarantees.

3. Check the earthing. Do you get a fault message re the lamp?
Oletimer   
Wed Feb 02 2022, 06:59am
Member No: #54905
Apologies for delayed response I had serious pooter problems and lost all my saved sites etc. Hopefully that's all behind me.
I've not done any jobs on the car since because I'm having an ongoing problem with the fuse box / wiring / connections and it's giving me nightmares.
I'll be back once I've sorted them out.
I'll probably be asking for help too.
Cheers George

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member