or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Trickle charging 2018 C4 Spacetourer

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
dmpzsn   
Mon Mar 08 2021, 11:15pm
Member No: #25128
Hi All

I've been looking into buying a solar trickle solar charger for my C4. I've had one dead flat battery and have now had to have it replaced.

The one I'm looking at will charge through the obd port.

Can I do this as I'm not sure if you can charge through the port and if so where is the port as I'm getting different places from my google search.

Anything to stop having to keep calling out the RAC, usually when I have a hospital appointment.

Many thanks for any help.
vbru2039   
Mon Aug 23 2021, 08:10am
Member No: #58461
OBD solar chargers aren't that common however I found a decent wattage 4.8W OBD solar charger from Amazon which I've bought and fitted - Click Here - and it works well.

I also got a y-splitter OBD cable - Click Here - with a switch on it for the solar charger and an OBD reader. I've secured the solar charger on the centre dash and turn it off/on as required.

IMPORTANT POINT: If you've got a stop-start C4 you'll have an AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) battery. This requires a slightly higher charging voltage (around 13.2V) so make sure the solar charger is compatible.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member