or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Intermittent ‘waking up’ issue...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
walty666   
Mon Mar 08 2021, 05:35pm
Member No: #57739
Bonjour! New and generally happy 65-plate C4GP Exclusive+ owner here. Got a slight niggle with it though and wonder if anyone else has had similar issues. Sometimes (usually first thing/when vehicle is cold) the central locking remote unlocks the car but the wing mirrors don’t unfold and the remote boot opening button unlatches the boot but doesn’t lift the tailgate. When this happens the 12” screen comes on as normal with the ‘Declutch & press start’ instruction but the start button doesn’t turn the vehicle system on (with foot off clutch) or start the ignition (with clutch depressed). I have to go through a process of getting out, locking it, unlocking it, getting back in and then trying the start button again. Sometimes it works or sometimes I have to repeat the process a couple of times. Eventually the system boots up and the vehicle starts, the wing mirrors unfold and the boot opening works fine. Doesn’t seem to happen once the vehicle has been driven around a bit. I’ve switched batteries in the keyfob to no avail. It doesn’t give any ‘key not detected’ warnings. Wondering if it might be main starter battery-related? Any thoughts before I contact Citroen?
gittos   
Mon Mar 08 2021, 07:31pm
Member No: #30055
Could be the cars battery if it’s the original it’s at the right age to be failing and strange electrical issues can happen.

You could try a battery disconnect to reset the system. Open bonnet, switch off ignition and leave for 5 mins for all systems to shut down and disconnect battery for 10 mins. After you reconnect you will need to reset the clock and KPH to MPH etc
1 User said Thank You to gittos for this Post :
 EugeneT (22 Oct 2021 : 05:45)
Jayo   
Mon Aug 09 2021, 08:05pm
Member No: #58607
Hi walty666. I have the same issue with my C4GP. Did you get it resolved in the end? I saw on another thread it can be associated with the battery fusebox.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member