or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

2014 Grand C4 Picasso - Interior Light Fault with Drivers Door, Multiple Faults

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
svickery   
Thu Feb 25 2021, 01:55pm
Member No: #57695
Good evening,

I have a 2014 Grand C4 Picasso, in the last few weeks the interior light has stopped functioning correctly when you open the drivers door, When you open the door the car does not seem to recognise that the door is open(it does initially, the interior light illuminates when the door is cracked open then as you open the door further it goes out). It also does not set off the alarm if the handbrake is off and the door is opened. I would assume this is the door switch, but I cannot find any information regarding the location of the switch and what type it is.
I have also been having a second problem where when you start the car it comes up with multiple faults(Tyre Pressure, Parking Brake, Traction Control, ABS, Hill Hold etc etc) saying they are all not working, along with the ECO start stop not working, I found that if you drive the car about 1 mile then stop and restart all the faults clear, but the ECO start stop still does not work, I read some information that pointed to the battery being weak, I have had the battery changed and the ECO Start Stop started working again, and the faults cleared. The car was used yesterday, and parked at about 16.30, I started it to move it this morning at about 8am and the faults all reappeared, I am wondering if the fault with the door switch could be causing a power drain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member