or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

heater not working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Patrickhl   
Tue Dec 15 2020, 02:25am
Member No: #57384
Hi All thanks for allowing me on this group. I have tried my best to find the definitive solution to this problem on this forum without luck. My wife has a 1600cc 2012 c4 that is not blowing hot air. The fan works fine and I can hear the baffle to direct the air to the matrix shifting and fan note changing when knob turned to hot. I have flushed the matrix twice as have 2 garages bleeding the system from the bleed screw at the matrix in put pipe. the heater will get hotter when in traffic or stationery which would make me think it was the thermostat but after a 3 hour run on the motorway last weekend it was still blowing cold when I would have thought the coolant was hot enough. I know the thermostats fail open but after 30mins running would have thought the heater would start working. Any ideas anyone ?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member