or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Heater Matrix Replace

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
pennant77   
Fri Dec 04 2020, 07:10am
Member No: #53408
Afternoon all,
Can anyone please tell me how hard it is to replace the heater matrix on 2016 C4 GP (B78).
As my local garage wants to change the whole heater box and pull my pants down at the same time and the cost well.........to much!!
All the vents work just fine, but no heat!

Thanks in advance.
john.
Wutang   
Mon Dec 07 2020, 02:34am
Member No: #46858
Hi, I have changed the heater matrix on my 2014 2.0 bluehdi GP. it is a bit fiddly but not particularly hard. you need to remove alot of the trim in the foot well (think it was passenger side but cant remember.) undo the pipe connections and move them out of the way. worth having a way to temp seal the pipe ends as some coolant will leak out and a tub to collect any leakage. the heater matrix should then pull out of its slot, pop new one in and reverse the steps. the matrix I bought came with pipe clips that are different to the ones that sealed the joints from the factory (plastic as oppased to metal.) these fitted perfectly and were alot easier to fitt and seal and have bean leak free.

Richard
1 User said Thank You to Wutang for this Post :
 pennant77 (24 Dec 2020 : 07:19)
JimB78   
Tue Jan 04 2022, 06:46am
Member No: #58520
Wutang wrote ...

Hi, I have changed the heater matrix on my 2014 2.0 bluehdi GP. it is a bit fiddly but not particularly hard. you need to remove alot of the trim in the foot well (think it was passenger side but cant remember.) undo the pipe connections and move them out of the way. worth having a way to temp seal the pipe ends as some coolant will leak out and a tub to collect any leakage. the heater matrix should then pull out of its slot, pop new one in and reverse the steps. the matrix I bought came with pipe clips that are different to the ones that sealed the joints from the factory (plastic as oppased to metal.) these fitted perfectly and were alot easier to fitt and seal and have bean leak free.

Richard

Hi there, I'm just at the point to remove the heater matrix and the electric pre heater, just wondering how you got the little hex bolts holding the pipe bracket off? and the clamps for the matrix itself, i tried a 6mm and 5mm, the 6 was too big and the 5 too small!
danlat1415   
Tue Jan 04 2022, 09:12am
Member No: #48933
A tip for removing screws that have worn thread, or for hex bolts that are too big/small;
- cut a piece of duck tape about 1 inch x 1 inch and stick it over the top of the screw you're trying to remove.
- use a screw/hex drill bit on an electric drill (works better than a screwdriver)
- try and unscrew as normal using the electric drill. The duck take acts as extra padding and grip and helps remove the screw/bolt.

I don't know the answer to your question, but this may help you.

Or you could try a 5.5mm hex instead.
vexorg   
Tue Jan 04 2022, 10:29am
Member No: #48843
M3 nuts and blts are usualy 5.5mm A/F

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member