or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: The Garage

2.0HDi / DW10 engine timing belt locking kit question

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
vexorg   
Sat Oct 24 2020, 06:17am
Member No: #48843
I'm planning to do my timing belt soon on the DW10 engine.
Part of the procedure locks the flywheel, but I'm struggling to get my head round the location in the image:

Where exactly are 0188-Y and 0188-F points?
The undertray is on my car, so cant see anything until I get it up in the air.
It will probably be obvious when it's off, but just looking for pointers ahead of time.
vexorg   
Sun Oct 25 2020, 06:03am
Has no one on here done the timing belt on a 2.0 HDi engine?
routemaster1   
Sun Oct 25 2020, 06:54am
Member No: #574
I have the park assist. Trouble is if I try to use it when my wife is in the car she throws a fit. So I have never successfully used it in over 5 years; as far as I'm concerned it is unnecessary.

NOTE: Something strange going on here. This post also appeared in a different thread.
vexorg   
Sun Oct 25 2020, 07:55am
I was thinking that the the timing belt was necessary when reading your reply.
vexorg   
Wed Mar 10 2021, 08:09am
Well, finally got round to this. And had to give up on finding the location for flywheel tool 0188-Y, figured out it was up behind the starter motor, but couldn't see or feel anywhere for it to go.

Eventually decided that the timing must be correct now, so between the cam and flywheel locking that it must be ok, or at least no diffrent to how it was before.

Changed the timing belt, tensioners, water pump and aux belt. A nice knuckle scraping job since space is tight and everything is either sharp metal or plastic.

Hidden away at the back:

Looks very naked without the wheel liner:

Oddly the belt and rollers were all in very good condition. Over 9 years old, 122k miles and no play or roughness in any of the rollers, old belt looked reasonable too:

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member