or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

seats seats seats have i made a mistake

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
yksilver   
Fri Nov 06 2020, 03:01pm
Member No: #57154
i have a 2005 citroen c4 coupe

the interior is trashed so bought a full leather interior off ebay to replace it
my question is my old seats are fabric and the leather ones seem to have diffrences i see more adjusters which i assume is for lumber so manual adjustments and not an issue but i can also see a switch on the base of the new leather front seats will these seats plug into my car i dont mind loosing what ever the function of the switch is as long as the side airbag and pretensioner wiring match up

iv attached 2 pics one of an identical fabric seat as my current ones and the pic of the leather seat that iv actually purchased

neilp   
Sat Nov 07 2020, 06:35am
Member No: #3384
Not sure about the other questions but the dial looks like heated seats. I wouldn't think a 2005 C4 would have the wiring but it may depend on the trim level.
What does the "log book" show?
BigJohnD   
Sat Nov 07 2020, 09:56am

Member No: #82
If the connectors and wiring are in place, there's a chance you can re-configure the car's firmware, but it's by no means guaranteed.
yksilver   
Sat Nov 07 2020, 11:46am
BigJohnD wrote ...

If the connectors and wiring are in place, there's a chance you can re-configure the car's firmware, but it's by no means guaranteed.

My main question was if the airbag and pretensioner plugs would be the same id assume it will either have the wire for the seat heaters or not and that doesnt bother me aslong as the actual airbag system will plug in i guess im asking if its seperate plugs for heated seats and airbag system or if they all go into one big multi plug

thanks for the help
yksilver   
Sat Nov 07 2020, 11:50am
neilp wrote ...

Not sure about the other questions but the dial looks like heated seats. I wouldn't think a 2005 C4 would have the wiring but it may depend on the trim level.
What does the "log book" show?

Logbook shows 1.6 vtr i dont think for a second it will be setup to take the heated seats but would it be a multiplug or will the airbag system for the seat be seperate wiring as long as my airbag light goes out ect im happy never been a fan of a warm bum anyway haha

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member