or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

CITROËN C4 I (LC_) 1.6 16V parts diag

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Pfeiffer   
Thu Oct 15 2020, 12:06pm
Member No: #57063
I have a CITROËN C4 I (LC_) 1.6 16V 2008 model.
I hit a deer a week ago, 7 kms from home! - after an uneventful 800km drive from Germany to Denmark.
It managed to lodge itself perfectly through the grill and smashed a good part of the frameface, face crossbar, air-con cooling, radiator, etc.

I replaced all the components from a donor car at the local scrap-yard (for just €200!).!yipi

However, I had no choice on the colour of the donor car so my end result a black bumper.

I have access to a national scrapyards database for used car parts where I can source the correct colour bumper and right side fender/well panel. The problem is that many do not include the colour code of the original car. They list the VIN number, but I have been unable to find a way of getting the colour code from the VIN number, unless I call Citröen and ask. This becomes a problem as I have a listing of 40 options and the Citröen guys don't exactly see any point in providing the information again and again, when I do not buy anything.

Is there a place where I can get this info online? Most VIN decoders seem to cater most for US makes.

Is there a place where I can get a parts diagram for the fender/well panel so I can see assembly instructions? I have disassembled it from the donor car where the 'streamer' alongside the windscreen was alread ripped out, etc. I would like to be able to disassemble mine without damaging that streamer.

gittos   
Thu Oct 15 2020, 01:17pm
Member No: #30055
Paint codes are usually on the door pillar label with tyre pressures

- Click Here -

Ap0qalypto   
Thu Oct 15 2020, 03:06pm
Member No: #52161
Dear god, that picture of deer.
vexorg   
Fri Oct 16 2020, 03:00am
Member No: #48843
Ap0qalypto wrote ...

Dear god, that picture of deer.

Shouldn't that be "oh deer"
Pfeiffer   
Fri Oct 16 2020, 03:05pm
gittos wrote ...

Paint codes are usually on the door pillar label with tyre pressures

- Click Here -

I know my paint code (EYL). The problem is buying parts from scrap dealers that have not bothered to note the paint code before they strip the car. So when I lookup the parts on their national database, a few have bothered listing the paint codes but most just write metaillic silver or grey and there are different shades - like mine is ICelandic, etc.

As I wrote, they put the VIN number of the original car alongside each item for sale in the database - so I can use this to get the paint codes from the manufacturer, but I cannot call Citröen with a list of 40-50 VIN numbers and ask for the paint code of each, until I get a hit.
Pfeiffer   
Mon Oct 19 2020, 01:48pm
Any help?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member