or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Citroen Cylinder Numbering

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Micasso   
Sun Sep 06 2020, 03:29pm
Member No: #56740
Hi,

Recently encountering some misfiring issues with a 2015 C4GP. Garage changed coil packs 2 and 4 a couple of weeks ago and misfiring still occurring. Gone to change the other two coil packs today and

How do I know which cylinder is which?

Are they numbered 1-4 from drivers side (alternator belt) or 1-4 from passenger side.

I went for alternator side being number 1 but read online that the french do it backwards. Hoping i haven't just changed the coils which were changed the other week.

It's a petrol 1.6 thp engine the 150/160 hp one.

Thank you in advance
neilp   
Tue Sep 08 2020, 06:55am
Member No: #3384
If it's the same as my DS4 1.6 THP they are numbered from the left (as you stand looking from the front). Cylinder 1 is nearest to the timing belt or alternator belt.
1 User said Thank You to neilp for this Post :
 Micasso (08 Sep 2020 : 12:16)
vexorg   
Tue Sep 08 2020, 08:00am
Member No: #48843
I used to think that was the case for all engines, number 1 at timing belt. However renault number them the other way round.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member