or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

problems with my "new" Grand C4 - am I covered?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
benu74   
Sun Aug 30 2020, 12:10pm
Member No: #56313
Hi,

we bought a 04/2016 Grand C4 at the end of July, with 65k km on the clock.

Having just returned from holiday with 1500 extra km driven, we discovered 2 problems:

1. extreme creaking when driving at low speeds/breaking/turning on roundabouts etc. I've read on the forum that's a known issue (foam inject?).

2. On the way home from our trip, the SERVICE light came on, as well as the engine block light. The car was driving fine, but I guess that could be serious? So needs a check for sure.

The question is, are these things normally covered by warranty, when buying 2nd hand from a dealer? We were told that we have a "1 year guarantee" when we purchased the car - but I'm assuming that any car company will try to screw me, so wanted to check here first, as to what should normally be expected in this situation.

Also, can I goto any dealer to get these fixes made or do I need to go back to where I bought it?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member