or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Hello new owner question

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
johnbo1   
Sun Aug 09 2020, 06:42am
Member No: #56678
Hello this is a great Forum , I'm a new owner reading through the useful resources. Just bought a 2014 C4 Picasso Exclusive Airstream E-HDI 1.6 . Looking to do DIY servicing where I can, appreciate some advice if anyone can? . Is there a service /Haynes manual anyone can recommend . Just looking at aux drive belt looks worn and needs changing cars done 55k miles might be original. Car has stop start so two tensioners I've found the online belt change video. But with stop start and two tensioners is it the same procedure ie when releasing slack on top tensioner is it enough to overcome both tensioners ?
It looks like engine underbody cover needs to come off also two belt covers (looks bit tight ) .
Will do oil change and filter same time will use C1/2 oil due to DPF /cat.
Not sure about the stop start system , more to go wrong ? Other than that really like the car wondered weather to go for the 2.0 HDI but 1.6 HDI is plenty powerful enough for me , and comfort is amazing love the panoramic windscreen.
Thanks in advance. John

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member